This post brought to you by Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
As hectic as a new school year is for parents, just imagine how nerve wracking it must be for your children’s teachers. They have a whole classroom full of new students to get to know, not to mention new lesson plans and day to day grind of being a teacher. To help her kick off the new school year, we put together a Teacher Survival Kit for my friend Alicia who also happens to be my granddaughter’s math teacher this year. It was a simple and inexpensive project that would help her get through the first few weeks of school. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to show teacher appreciation. Here are a few simple and inexpensive ideas to celebrate teachers in September:
1. Put together a Teacher Survival Kit.
2. Have your child make a card for their new teachers.
3. Bake some cookies and attach a card that says “I’m one smart cookie, thanks to you!”
4. Help your child write a letter to their teacher, sharing some things that will help the teacher get to know your child a little better.
5. Make a Starbucks run for your teachers.
6. Put together a basket of pencils, paper clips, stickers and other things your teacher might find useful during the school day.
7. A potted plant is a nice way to brighten a teacher’s day.
Educators are September’s Every Day Hero at Dollar General! This month Dollar General is saluting inspiring teachers with great savings. What could be better than every day low prices? Some of my favorite P&G products that I’ll be picking up this month include: Braun® Paper Towels, Crest® Toothpaste, and Pantene® products.
You’ll love the inspiring Everyday Heros slideshow being featured on the Dollar General website this month. Be sure to check out the slide show and learn more about September’s Every Day Hero on the Dollar General website.
What ways can you think of to celebrate teachers?