Zucchini Rice Casserole
Yield 8 servings
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup chicken broth + extra is the rice needs to be cooked a little bit longer
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese + extra to sprinkle on top prior to baking
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (I used my cheese grater)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bring the 1 cup of chicken broth to a boil and add in the 1/2 cup of white rice.
- Cover and lower the heat to low/medium and let simmer 15-20 minutes until softened and cooked through. Add a little bit more chicken broth is needed.
- Once the rice is cooked through, let cool a few minutes and combine the cooked rice, shredded zucchini, shredded cheese, eggs and salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle with extra shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted on top.
Cuisine Side Dish
Recipe by About a Mom at https://www.aboutamom.com/zucchini-rice-casserole-recipe/