Chocolate is loved around the world. Here are 10 fun facts about chocolate. Some might just surprise you!
Related Article: No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Cakes
Facts About Chocolate
1. Chocolate was regarded as an aphrodisiac by the Aztec Indians and the word chocolate means ‘bitter water’, in the Aztec language.
2. Chocolate is a valuable energy source. One chip of chocolate can provide enough energy for an adult human to walk 150 feet.
3. The Swiss consume the most chocolate per capita, although the US produces the most chocolate and consumes the most pounds per year.
4. In the year 2,000 the town of Turin, Italy created the biggest bar of chocolate ever made. It weighed 5,000 pounds.
Related Article: Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies
5. In 1842 Cadbury’s in England created the worlds first chocolate bar.
6. One ounce of baking chocolate or cocoa contains 10% of the daily recommended intake of iron.
7. You would have to eat more than a dozen chocolate bars to equal the amount of caffeine found in a cup of coffee.
8. Chocolate discharges the same chemical into your body which is produced when you start falling in love.
9. The shelf life of a box of chocolate is approximately one year.
Related Article: Old Fashioned Baked Chocolate Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze
Did you enjoy these chocolate facts?