Clean your Kitchen in 5 minutes a day and 15 minutes a week!
If you are anything like me, you absolutely hate a messy kitchen. One of the things that I hate worse than a messy kitchen… is actually cleaning my kitchen. It can easily be overwhelming, especially if you have dirty dishes, germy sponges, and messy little kid fingerprints everywhere! These are some of the things that inspired me to keep mine clean.
I always found myself staring at the mess and just wishing that there was an easier way – a way to keep my kitchen clean without spending hours on it. I realized that there are some tasks that I would need to perform on a daily basis, but that others could wait a few days… or even a week. Eventually, I found a way to streamline the process with these simple tips. On most days, I spend around five minutes cleaning my kitchen. The amazing thing is that with the kitchen clean, it seems to inspire me to keep the rest of the house clean as well. Now, the kid’s playroom… well, we won’t get in to that now! Follow this guide, and you will be on your way to a clean and sanitary kitchen, too!
1. Unload/Load the dishwasher and wipe down the sink (2 minutes)
2. Wipe down the cooktop and oven front (1 minute)
3. Wipe off the countertops (1 minute)
4. Sweep the floor (1 minute)
1. Comet or Soft Scrub the sink (5 minutes)
2. Wipe off all backsplashes and appliances, including the front of the refrigerator (5 minutes)
3. Mop or Wet Jet the floor (5 minutes)
As needed (around four times per year)
1. Empty and clean the refrigerator and freezer (30 minutes)
2. Empty and clean the utensil drawers (5 minutes)
3. Wipe down or dust all cabinet fronts (10 minutes)
4. Clean oven (30 minutes)
Great list, but its easier said than done, sweeping the floor takes me a bit longer than a minute but it could be because I have a lot to move out the way.
courtney b says
did you create that picture? I really want to repost it- I love it ! 🙂 great tips…
Thanks! I had someone make it for my blog. Feel free to share socially. 🙂
I like the steps in the list and I really should do them, but the times…a little unrealistic at least in my home. If I could unload the dishwasher in 2 minutes, and wipe down the stove top and counter tops in 2 minutes, my kitchen probably wouldn’t look like a tornado hit it LOL.
Crystal @ Simply Being Mommy.com says
When you look at it like that it doesn’t take all that long.
Janet W. says
I love to have a clean kitchen too. After all, that is where you’re preparing meals for the family! This is a great list and schedule!