Thank you to the makers of 5-hour™ TEA shots for sponsoring this post.
As a busy single mom, most days I find myself running out of steam by mid-afternoon. During the week, I wake my daughter up at 6:00 a.m. to get ready for school, but my day starts much earlier than that. Since I own my own business, my work week typically runs 60-80 hours and sometimes more. I do have the luxury of working from home and a flexible schedule, so I try to spend a few hours with her after school. However, that means I have hours of work still ahead of me after I tuck her into bed. Needless to say, keeping alert and energized throughout the day is no small task.
I’ve learned the importance of taking care of myself. I eat a good diet, exercise, take vitamins and supplements, and sleep as much as my body will allow. The latter doesn’t come easily, however. I have a difficult time shutting my brain off, and often find myself lying in bed thinking about everything that’s on my to-do list. Asking Alexa to play thunder storms or beach sounds sometimes helps with that.
I tend to run out of steam in the afternoon, and again in the evening between 7:00p.m. and 8:00 p.m. when my daughter is getting ready for bed. The afternoon slump usually hits me around 2:00 p.m. That’s when I start feeling tired and sluggish, and have difficulty with focus and concentration. There are a variety of things that keep me going throughout the day like mini activity breaks, doing a peppermint face wash in the evening, or drinking a 5-hour™ TEA energy shot.
It requires a lot of energy to be a good parent, run a business, and maintain some semblance of a social life. I feel terrible when date night rolls around and I fall asleep 15 minutes into the movie. Fortunately, I’ve found some ways to feel energized on the longest of days – things that keep me going. Since most of you reading this, are probably struggling with the same things, I’m going to share what has been working for me.
Ways to Feel Energized on the Longest of Days
1. Spend 10 minutes outside. Better yet, eat your lunch outside. Spending time outdoors will boost both your mood and your energy level. The sun gives our bodies much needed Vitamin D, and spending time in green spaces is great for stress-busting and improving your overall mood.
2. Opt for a protein-rich snack and avoid the carbs. Choose energizing-protein, not energy-sapping carbs for your snacks and lunch. For lunch, opt for something like a Chef Salad or a Hummus Veggie Wrap. A meal consisting of complex carbohydrates mixed with protein will be digested quickly, giving you instant energy. This change can really make a difference when it comes to not craving a nap come 2:00 p.m. in the afternoon.
3. Have a mini dance party. Have some fun, and get your heart rate up. You’ll be surprised by how much energy you’ll get from dancing to one 3-minute song. This might not be the best option, if you’re surrounded by co-workers, but if you’re at home… don’t be shy.
Pop in one of your favorite tunes and get your groove on.
Don’t laugh ya’ll.
I’m sharing some of my best dance moves with you.
Call me silly, but my favorite dance party music is the Trolls movie soundtrack. Dancing along to J.T. singing “Can’t Stop the Feeling” always gives me an energy boost.
4. Take a stretch break. Don’t want to do toe touches at the office? Some simple shoulder rolls timed with deep breathing can make you feel more energized. This something you can even do sitting at your desk.
5. Smell something energizing such as citrus, rosemary, or peppermint. Our sense of smell is a powerful thing. Try rubbing a drop of peppermint oil into your hands, hold your hands over your nose, and breath in deeply. You can even rub some of the peppermint oil onto your face, but avoiding your eyes.
6. Give yourself a peppermint facial. This is something I like to do in the evening. Peppermint is so invigorating. I have a peppermint face wash that I love to use for taking my makeup off in the evening, and a homemade peppermint face scrub that I use a few times a week. This really helps on those evenings when I work well past my daughter’s bedtime. A peppermint face mask is also nice and just as energizing.
7. Drink a 5-hour™ TEA energy shot. The caffeine in 5-hour™ TEA shots comes from real green tea leaves, and helps you feel alert and energized. Each bottle also contains about as much caffeine as a cup of the leading premium coffee. I pick these up at Walmart and it is my go-to energy source on the longest of days. 5-hour™ TEA tastes great, and is available in three delicious flavors – Peach Tea, Lemonade Tea, and Raspberry Tea.
I’m very conscientious about what I eat, so I like that each bottle contains zero sugar and four calories and is packed with vitamins, nutrients.
5-hour™ TEA shots are also great for on-the-go and for taking to work. The small bottle easily fits into my purse. I also keep one in the center console in my car, for when I get caught up away from home and find myself in need of a little energy boost.
I always have a box of 5-hour™ TEA shots near my work space. I write sponsored content regularly to help support this blog, and it is so great when I get a chance to share a product with you that is such an integral part of my life. I’m not kidding when I say that I work A LOT and I’ve been buying 5-hour™ TEA shots at my local Walmart since it was first available.
From soccer practice to piano lessons, 5-hour™ TEA shots give moms, like me, the energy they need to get stuff done.