Finding Dory is in theaters everywhere today! I got to see an early screening of the movie and quickly fell in love with one of the new characters, Hank the Octopus. An octopus might seem an unlikely character for one to fall in love with, but you’ll have to trust me on this one until you see the movie. Although he might not seem so at first, Hank is an incredibly lovable guy and eventually becomes a good friend to Dory. I think you’re going to like this DIY Glitter Globe featuring Hank from Finding Dory.
I’ve become somewhat obsessed with glitter jars since I made these Glow Jars that were inspired by the Disney Star Darlings series, so be on the lookout for more glitter projects in the coming weeks. In the meantime, grab your supplies and get ready to make this fun Hank from Finding Dory glitter globe! (Supply list includes some affiliate links.)
DIY Glitter Globe featuring Hank from Finding Dory
Small 8-16oz mason jar
Teal spray paint
Extra fine silver glitter
1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin
Green, blue, and orange sequins
Fish tank Hank-“Penn Plax Finding Dory on sand”
Lid from an empty small bottle
1. Take the mason jar lid and small bottle lid outside, set on a piece of newspaper, spray with spray paint, and allow to dry completely.
2. Carefully use E6000 glue as directed on box to glue the bottom of Hank to the top of your small bottle lid and let dry.
3. Now, glue the bottom of your small bottle lid to the inside of the mason jar lid and let dry.
4. Add a tablespoon of extra fine glitter and a tablespoon of sequins to the mason jar.
5. Fill your mason jar up with water and a teaspoon of vegetable glycerin.
6. Place the mason jar lid back on the jar very tightly, shake, and set upside down.
If you like this craft, be sure to check out this DIY Finding Dory Bath Soap.
This is adorable!Thanks for linking up to Merry Monday! Pinned! Have a great week!
Seattle Travel Blogger says
This looks real cute.
What a neat, crafty project to do!
We really enjoyed the movie.
This is the cutest thing ever! Having just gotten back from the Finding Dory red carpet premiere, I think I must make one for my office! 🙂
Donna P says
I love this idea! This would be fun to do with the kids this summer.
This is so cute! I usually use vegetable oil but the vegetable glycerin probably works better. Thanks for the great idea!
[email protected] says
My kids loved the movie! This is such a fun idea! Thanks for sharing at Welcome Home Wednesdays!
This is so darn cute, I’d love to try making it!