These Earth Day cookies are amazing!
Earth Day Cookies
Earth Day is coming up on April 22. It’s a day to remind us of how amazing and precious our planet is, and that we need to take care of it. Did you know that Earth Day was first celebrated in 1970? Now more than 193 countries work together to bring awareness to the importance of environmental protection.
These Earth Day cookies are a fun treat to make with your kids, in honor of this very important global event. This is a very simple cookie recipe, but you could also use ready-made sugar cookie dough from the supermarket.
What You’ll Need to Make Planet Earth Cookies
3/4 cup softened salted butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon almond extract
2 cups all purpose flour
Blue and green food coloring
4″ circle cookie cutter
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Quickly mix in your almond extract and egg.
4. Mix in your flour and separate your dough into bowls.
5. Mix in blue food coloring in one bowl and green (or a mix of yellow and blue) in the other.
6. Form your dough into two dough balls and roll your blue dough out to 1/2″ thick.
7. Break apart pieces of your green dough, lightly press them onto your blue dough, and continue to roll your dough until it’s about 1/4″ thick.
8. Use your circle to cut your shapes out.
9. Place on your baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes and let cool.
Earth Day cookies
- 3/4 cup softened salted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Blue and green food coloring 4" circle cookie cutter
Please help support this blog.
If you enjoy the recipes, crafts and ideas for family fun that we share on About a Mom, I hope you’ll use our Amazon affiliate link when you shop. It is no additional cost to you and helps us to continue providing free content. Also, please take a few minutes to look around and check out our other content.