Yesterday, I shared a truffula trees craft inspired by ‘The Lorax’ and today I have a fun no-sew Dr. Seuss t-shirt project to share with you. This shirt is so easy to make and your kids will surely enjoy wearing it. It would be super fun to wear to the library or school in honor of Dr. Seuss. Our school is having a dress up day on March 2 in honor of Dr. Seuss’s birthday. Let’s begin the celebrate now with a fun Dr. Seuss craft!
No-Sew Dr. Seuss T-Shirt
What you’ll need for this project:
Plain black shirt
White faux fur (white felt would be fine too)
5/8″ red ribbon
Hot glue/hot glue gun
1. Turn your faux fur to the backside and draw a large “U” shape that fits into the front of your size shirt.
2. Carefully cut out the faux fur on the backing of the fabric, not directly over the fur.
3. Now carefully cut the top of the “U” to fit underneath the collar.
4. Carefully hot glue the back of the fur to the front of the shirt directly under the collar.
5. Now cut an 18″ piece of ribbon, fold over each center side in the shape of a bow and glue into place.
6. Now cut a 5″ piece of ribbon, tie a knot into the center and tie around the center of your bow. Cut off any excess ribbon.
7. Hot glue your ribbon bow right under the collar, cut the ends to your desired length, and cut a small triangle out of the bottom of each end.
You might also enjoy this Cat in the Hat craft.