Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) can chili beans
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid oz) can or bottle of beer
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel), undrained
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Crushed tortilla chips (optional)
Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, been and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Shred the chicken into bite size pieces. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.