Trolls fans are going to love this Poppy Troll ornament. The popularity of trolls has long exceeded its 1970’s birth. Who doesn’t remember having a little naked troll that you shook as hard as you could to puff up the hair? And the little old ladies took to Bingo with them for luck? Well, as luck would have it, they are making a comeback for this generation. With the release of the new animated film, Trolls, has made the Trolls an even bigger hit than ever. The adventures of Branch, Poppy, and DJ Suki made those cute little poof headed creatures a household name and kids want everything they can get their hands on with their favorite character, right? How about a fun and inexpensive homemade ornament to hang on the tree this year?
You will need:
Clear glass or plastic ornament
Pink craft paint
Pink felt or craft foam
Small piece blue foam or felt
Small hair rubber band or string
White, black, and pink paint pens or sharpies
Green chenille stems
Craft or hot glue
1. Remove cap from ornament, drizzle a couple teaspoons of pink paint inside ornament and shake it vigorously, covering the opening with a napkin to keep it in. Add more paint if needed to completely coat the inside.
2. Place upside down in a small paper cup to allow extra paint to drip out.
3. Use a white, black, and a dark pink sharpie or paint pen to draw on her features.
4. Cut an 6” x strip by 4” of pink foam or felt for poppy’s hair, roll until the diameter is the same as the top of the round ornament, glue into place, hot glue works best as it sets the fastest.
5. Replace the cap and run a string for your hanger up through the hair and out the top. Gather the “hair” about an inch from the top and secure it with a rubber band or string to create the top of Poppy’s hairstyle.
5. Attach a green pipe cleaner around the pink hair for a band, secure with glue.
6. Cut small blue flowers from your felt and attach to band.
Your sweet little Poppy is ready to hang on your Christmas Tree.