There is no better pairing than pumpkin and chocolate. The sweet, savory taste of pumpkin mixed with creamy milk chocolate is so decadent and delicious. It brings me back to family Thanksgiving dinners. In fact, this is the perfect recipe to make with kids.
This recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Muffin Bites is so simple, you’ll find yourself making it all the time. The beauty of these is that they are easy to make AND easy to eat — you’ll find it hard to eat just one once you start popping them in your mouth!
Feel free to double the recipe and put one batch in the freezer for another day – these freeze wonderfully. You could even take one out of the freezer, pop it in a lunchbox, and it will be thawed and ready by lunchtime.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Bites
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz mini chocolate chips
1. Cream together the brown sugar and the butter. Add the egg and pumpkin puree and beat on medium until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
2. Slowly add the cup of flour, allowing it to totally incorporate into the batter.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula. Don’t use the electric beater on the chocolate chips or it will crush them.
4. Pour into a greased mini muffin pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
5. Allow to cool for a few moments, then pop out of the muffin tin.
5. Store in a covered container, or freeze.
NOTE: You can make these in a regular size muffin tin. You’ll want to increase the cooking time by approximately 5 minutes if you do that.