Spring is near and with it comes gardening and the Easter Bunny. Everyone knows that the Easter Bunny just loves munching on carrots. Here’s a fun and oh-so simple carrot craft for kids.
I’m obsessed with paper plate crafts like this Easter Bunny paper plate craft and paper plate chick. There are so many different ways you can transform an ordinary paper plate into something creative and unique. This Leprechaun paper plate craft for St. Patrick’s Day is one that I love too, and I can’t forget this festive Mardi Gras paper plate mask. It’s so much fun!
This carrot paper plate craft gets some fun texture from twisting up squares of tissue paper. I think your kids will have a blast making this. Grab your scissors and some glue, and get ready to have some fun!
Carrot Craft for Kids
Green and orange tissue paper squares
Small amount of brown paper shred
1. Cut the sides of your paper plate off to make a large carrot shape.
2. Place a small dot of glue on an extra paper plate for dipping.
3. Wrap a orange tissue paper square onto your eraser tip.
4. Now dip the end in glue and Press on to your carrot tip (start at the bottom and work your way up).
5. Once you have an inch and a half left on the top of your carrot switch to green tissue paper.
6. To make your carrot look like it has been picked fresh from the garden, glue a bit of brown paper shred to paper plate at the bottom of the carrot.
7. Let your carrot dry and display for Easter.
I hope this simple carrot craft will help your kids get excited about spring gardening and the Easter Bunny’s upcoming visit!