I wasn’t going to start sharing Easter projects until closer to the end of March, but these are so cute that I couldn’t resist publishing them now. (Not to mention the fact that I have not been on my A game lately, and don’t have anything else written for today.)
I can’t think of a holiday where we don’t make some variation of Rice Krispies Treats at my house. It’s such a simple and versatile sweet treat. So many of us grew up enjoying our own Mom’s Rice Krispies Treats, so it’s only natural to carry on the tradition.
White Chocolate Dipped Easter Rice Krispies Treats
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
10oz mini marshmallows
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
1 bag Wilton White Candy Melts
Red or pink food coloring
2 tablespoons shortening or coconut oil
Wilton Easter Sprinkles assortment
Egg-shaped cookie cutter
For Rice Krispies Treats
1. In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Add a few drops of red or pink food coloring and stir until desired color is achieved. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated and coloring is uniform.
3. Using oiled spatula or parchment paper, evenly press mixture into 1″-2″ pan coated with cooking spray. Let cool. (This would be a good time to prep candy melts).
4. Cut out egg shapes with cookie cutter.
For Melted Chocolate
1. Melt one bag of Wilton White Candy Melts using double boiler or microwave method (refer to packaging).
2. Stir in 2 tablespoons shortening or oil until smooth.
3. Dip egg-shaped Rice Krispies Treats, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Set on parchment paper and add sprinkles to chocolare.
4. Let set to harden on parchment paper, or transfer paper to fridge for quick set.