One of my son’s favorite meals has always been spaghetti pie. He loved it as a kid, and although he’s now in his twenties it’s still one of his faves. These mini spaghetti pies are a fun new version of my son’s favorite. They are perfect lunch or as a snack. Serve them as an appetizer to friends and family on the next big game day.
If you follow @aboutamom on Twitter and Instagram, you may have noticed that I recently went on a trip to the Pillsbury Test Kitchens in Minneapolis. Since Laura is the more creative cook in our family, I was feeling a little intimidated about being in the test kitchen with the Pillsbury pros and some of my favorite food bloggers. As someone who loves meals that are quick and simple to prepare, I was thrilled when given the challenge of creating a recipe with 5 or fewer ingredients that could be prepared in less than 30 minutes. It also helped that I was paired up with the fabulous Dorothy from Crazy for Crust. After a few minutes of brainstorming and taking inventory of the ingredients available to us, Dorothy and I created these wonderful 5 ingredient mini spaghetti pies.
Related Recipe: Italian Sausage, Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
Related Recipe: Caprese Flatbread Pizza
I was pretty happy with how these mini spaghetti pies turned out. These little cuties are not only delicious, but are very simple to prepare. I made another batch of them for lunch today, so that I could get the exact ingredient measurements for you. If your mealtime routine is anything like mine with a weekly spaghetti night, then this recipe is ideal for using up that left over spaghetti. All you’ll need in addition to your leftovers are the Pillsbury Grands Biscuits.
Pillsbury provided me with an all expense paid trip to visit them in Minneapolis. I was under not obligation to write this post. I just wanted to share this fun recipe with you. Enjoy!
5 Ingredient Mini Spaghetti Pies Recipe:
5 Ingredient Mini Spaghetti Pies
- Prepare spaghetti noodles according to package directions.
- While spaghetti is boiling, split each Pillsbury Grands Biscuit into 2 equal parts. Using the palm of your hand, press each biscuit half into a 2 1/2 to 3 inch round. You will want it to fill the inside of a muffin tin. Press each of the 16 biscuit discs down into a muffin tin. It will need to fill the bottom and go up the sides.
- After cooked spaghetti has been drained, return it to the pot. Stir in 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese and 1 1/2 cups of the spaghetti sauce.
- Using tongs or a spoon, fill each biscuit cup with prepared spaghetti. Use remaining 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce to top each pie with a small amount of sauce. Sprinkle the tops of each pie with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 12 - 15 minutes. Remove from oven and optionally garnish with additional chopped Basil.