As a busy mom you probably don’t take the time to properly pamper yourself. With Mother’s Day just around the corner, now is the perfect time to take a few minutes and indulge. You don’t have to spend a lot of money either. Here are 7 simple and inexpensive ways to pamper yourself.
7 Simple and Inexpensive Ways to Pamper Yourself
1. Take a warm bath alone. Do it after the kids go to bed, or get up a few minutes early and draw yourself a warm bath. Put in some bubbles or your favorite bath salts. Light a candle and play some music. Put your head back and soak in a few minutes of uninterrupted relaxation.
2. Eat a fancy cupcake. There’s just something about a fancy cupcake that makes us smile. Forget about the calories this once and treat yourself to a fancy, decadent cupcake from your local bakery. Take a few minutes to savor every bite and don’t forget to lick your fingers when you’re done.
3. Catch up with an old friend. Call an old friend that you haven’t spoken to in a while, not by email or online chat. Pick up the phone or Skype so you can hear each other laugh.
4. Give yourself a facial. Use a good facial scrub and apply a mask. Put slices of cucumbers over your eyes and relax for a few minutes. If you have a few minutes, whip up a homemade beauty treatment. Be sure to apply a good moisturizer when you’re done.
5. Read a good book or magazine. I know you’re thinking…who has time to read? But make time. Take into into the bath with you or curl up on the couch with a cup of tea while the kids are taking a nap. Read a racy novel or flip through the pages of your favorite magazine. Reading for a few minutes before bed will help you to relax and fall asleep.
6. Breathe. Take a few minutes to sit still and breathe deeply. Focus as you inhale and exhale, calming your body and mind. Deep breathing exercises can be done just about anywhere and only takes a few minutes. This will help to relieve some of the stress and tension that builds up throughout the day.
7. Do something you enjoy. Take a few minutes to do something you really enjoy. Whether it’s dancing around the living room with the kids, going for a run, or listening to YOUR favorite CD in the car. Be sure to do something fun for yourself.
You might also enjoy these 5 ways to chill out and relax.
I think I might have to stop by the local cupcakery today and purchase a cupcake for tomorrow 🙂 Maybe even eat it while soaking in the tub with a glass of wine? Love the ideas!
Sounds like a fabulous idea!
“Eat a fancy cupcake”… that’s what I like to hear! (:
Kristin Wheeler (MamaLuvsBooks) says
Those all look great to me!! And things that are realistic to do! =) Happy Mother’s Day!
Caryn B says
Great tips! I have never thought about giving myself a facial…. Love that idea!
Digi Stitches Embroidery and Gifts says
Good advice! I try to do as many of them as possible!
Being able to read one of my favorite magazines from cover to cover while eating a fancy cupcake – that sounds like a good time to me!
Kathren M says
These all sound like great ideas, wish I was able to find time to do these things. After the kids go to bed though I’m usually doing my homework or waiting for time to wake up the hubby so he can get ready for work. I would love to be able to actually sit and relax in my garden tub for a change. My kids use my garden tub more than I do. 🙁
dolly quizon says
Wow! This is awesome. Me and my sister have been trying to look for every article about simple and natural ways on pampering ourselves. And i think i found the best. Very relaxing. Keep posting! 🙂
Thanks Dolly! It’s so often the simple things that really make a difference!
chelesa sims says
i need to start doing this .Iam always so busy taking care of everyone else
Great tips! I will definitely be trying as many as possible 🙂