As a busy mom you probably don’t take the time to properly pamper yourself. With Mother’s Day just around the corner, now is the perfect time to take a few minutes and indulge. You don’t have to spend a lot of money either. Here are 7 simple and inexpensive ways to pamper yourself.
7 Simple and Inexpensive Ways to Pamper Yourself
1. Take a warm bath alone. Do it after the kids go to bed, or get up a few minutes early and draw yourself a warm bath. Put in some bubbles or your favorite bath salts. Light a candle and play some music. Put your head back and soak in a few minutes of uninterrupted relaxation.
2. Eat a fancy cupcake. There’s just something about a fancy cupcake that makes us smile. Forget about the calories this once and treat yourself to a fancy, decadent cupcake from your local bakery. Take a few minutes to savor every bite and don’t forget to lick your fingers when you’re done.
3. Catch up with an old friend. Call an old friend that you haven’t spoken to in a while, not by email or online chat. Pick up the phone or Skype so you can hear each other laugh.
4. Give yourself a facial. Use a good facial scrub and apply a mask. Put slices of cucumbers over your eyes and relax for a few minutes. If you have a few minutes, whip up a homemade beauty treatment. Be sure to apply a good moisturizer when you’re done.
5. Read a good book or magazine. I know you’re thinking…who has time to read? But make time. Take into into the bath with you or curl up on the couch with a cup of tea while the kids are taking a nap. Read a racy novel or flip through the pages of your favorite magazine. Reading for a few minutes before bed will help you to relax and fall asleep.
6. Breathe. Take a few minutes to sit still and breathe deeply. Focus as you inhale and exhale, calming your body and mind. Deep breathing exercises can be done just about anywhere and only takes a few minutes. This will help to relieve some of the stress and tension that builds up throughout the day.
7. Do something you enjoy. Take a few minutes to do something you really enjoy. Whether it’s dancing around the living room with the kids, going for a run, or listening to YOUR favorite CD in the car. Be sure to do something fun for yourself.
You might also enjoy these 5 ways to chill out and relax.