This delicious and cheesy corn pudding casserole is creamy and slightly spicy. You’ll love the unexpected bit of a kick that you get from the jalapenos. It’s a comforting dish that’s easy enough for a busy weeknight and still a great option for holiday entertaining.
I particularly enjoy cheesy corn pudding with a holiday ham.
Cheesy Corn Pudding
3 12 ounce bags frozen corn, defrosted
2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
1⁄2 cup milk
1⁄2 cup heavy cream (do not substitute)
1 tsp sriracha
1⁄4 tsp salt
1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
4 ounces monterey cheese, shredded
2 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk milk, heavy cream, sriracha, salt, and pepper. Add eggs, and whisk well to combine. Add corn and jalapenos to the bowl, stir with a spatula to combine. Add monterey cheese, fold into mixture to combine.
3. Grease a baking dish (9×11 is ideal), pour corn mixture into the dish. Even out the top, then sprinkle pepperjack cheese over the top.
4. Place in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until set.
5. Spoon into bowls and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Cheesy Corn Pudding
- 3 12 ounce bags frozen corn defrosted
- 2 jalapenos seeded and chopped
- 1 ⁄2 cup milk
- 1 ⁄2 cup heavy cream do not substitute
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 ⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 ⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 ounces monterey cheese shredded
- 2 ounces pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk milk, heavy cream, sriracha, salt, and pepper. Add eggs, and whisk well to combine. Add corn and jalapenos to the bowl, stir with a spatula to combine. Add monterey cheese, fold into mixture to combine.
- 3. Grease a baking dish (9x11 is ideal), pour corn mixture into the dish. Even out the top, then sprinkle pepperjack cheese over the top.
- 4. Place in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until set.
- 5. Spoon into bowls and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Cynthia R says
We love a kick to the traditional. We also put a little bit of jalopenos and juice in our spaghetti and our mac and cheese dishes.
I have never made a recipe like this before but it sure looks delicious. I will be trying this one out on my family here in the next few weeks. Yum!
Jalepeno peppers and corn just go together nicely, don’t they!! This sounds def. worth trying!
Allison Swain says
I have never heard of Corn Pudding before! Looks interesting. Bet this would be good with mexican dishes or thanksgiving/holiday side.
Thanks for sharing!
Dana Rodriguez says
This looks so delicious! I am def going to try this.Thank you!!!
Lisa Brown says
I have never heard of corn pudding, looks great and love the jalapenos in it.
Betsy Rubendall Barnes says
We had a corn pudding for Thanksgiving for the first time at my friends house. I really love your recipe, would love to make this soon! 🙂
I love adding parmesan and sausage to corn pudding. This lookins great.
Heidi Robbins says
I’ve never tried corn pudding but it looks like something my husband would love!
Kathryn Doherty says
This sounds so comforting and looks so creamy! I love that you added jalapeno and srirachi for a little spicy kick – I’m totally in for that! Yum!