A marinade of soy sauce, ginger, and lime juice with honey and spices tenderizes and flavors these Hawaiian Kabobs made with Chicken, Bacon and Pineapple. The sweet, sticky kabobs will add some tropical flair to your dinner table or backyard party.
These Hawaiian Kabobs are simple to make, full of flavor, and great for a party.
Chicken and Bacon Hawaiian Kabobs
makes 5 skewers
1 1⁄2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bit sized cubes (about 3-4 breasts)
15 ounce can of pineapple chunks, juice reserved
10 strips of bacon
2 TBS ketchup
2 TBS soy sauce
1 inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1⁄4 tsp black pepper
1 TBS lime juice
1 TBS honey
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1⁄2 cup reserved pineapple juice, ketchup, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, black pepper, lime juice, and honey until completely mixed. Add chicken cubes; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat your grill over medium heat, with the lid closed.
Note: The natural sugar released from the pineapple can cause a sticky situation. Either oil the grill in advance, or grill over foil.
3. To assemble your skewers: spear one end of bacon through the skewer, then add 1 cube chicken, 2 pineapple cubes, and then spear the bacon again (kind of wrapping the bacon around), add another cube of chicken, 2 pineapples, and then secure the end of the bacon slice on the skewer. Add another slice of bacon and repeat steps. Each skewer should have 2 pieces of bacon and about 4-5 pieces of chicken. Repeat for all skewers.
4. Brush grill with oil or spray with non stick spray. Add skewers to grill, close and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, turn to the other side, brush with marinade, and cook another 4-5 minutes. Remove from grill.
5. Let skewers rest for 5 minutes and then serve immediately. Discard any remaining marinade.
Fee Roberts says
These look scrumptious! I’d have to add some sweet red peppers to mine, though 🙂
These look great! Pineapple on the grill is SO GOOD.
You had me at bacon! Bookmarking this for our next BBQ – it looks delicious and great for kids too.
If it has bacon, it’s for me! Love kabobs theyre easy to cook!
Wow I would LOVE to try these! Love everything about them – what a great mix of flavors!
Sharon Rooney says
This sounds delicious. I have made chicken Kabobs with pineapple but not with the bacon. I am going tohave ot try this recipe.
Sara Zielinski says
I love chicken & bacon, thank you.
joe bonondonna says
I always look for new recipes and i love Bacon and grilling
I have been making chicken kabobs on the barbie for several years but have never made anything like this. These look so yummy that I will be making them next week for my family.
Mumbling Mel says
You are making my mouth water!! I have to try these asap! They look amazing!!! I will have to put this on my list to make next weekend. Also were camping in a couple weeks and this would be great and simple!