Loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, this cold busting green tea chicken noodle soup with ginger is just what you need if you are feeling under the weather. It is a tasty remedy for the cold and flu season or those times when you are just craving some good comfort food.
This is a sponsored post for HemisFares™ brand that is available exclusively at Kroger family of stores. All opinions are honest and 100% my own.
Feeling stuffy? Have a tickle in the back of your throat? Whip up a batch of this green tea chicken noodle soup! This recipe offers what you would expect in a chicken noodle soup, plus and a little something extra special to get you feeling better.
A hot cup of green tea and a warm bowl of chicken soup are the two things I crave the most when I am feeling sick. I love how this cold busting soup recipe gives you both, plus ginger which has a lot of Vitamin C and also helps with tummy trouble.
I drink green tea seven days a week, and am loving the loose leaf green tea varieties from HemisFares.
From different regions of Japan, HemisFares’ Hojicha Roasted Green Tea, Genmaicha Toasted Rice Green Tea and Sencha Green Tea varieties are traditionally crafted from the regions where the tea leaves are harvested.
HemisFares’ culinary explorers have traveled to some of the most food-rich areas of the globe to create a guided tour of the best tastes on earth. All of their products are individually sourced, crafted and imported from the country of origin and sealed with a unique “find number.” This chicken noodle soup recipe is made incorporates FIND NO. 61 – HemisFares’ Sencha Green Tea.
I enjoy a soup with a bold, flavorful broth. This broth of this soup is a combination of chicken stock and green tea which is really quite lovely. A dash of hot sauce really gives it some zing.
When you’re not feeling well you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. This soup comes together fairly quickly, and there are some simple shortcuts you can take to make it even easier. I often use a rotisserie chicken when making chicken noodle soup, and I buy some of my veggies like onion and celery already diced from the produce department. I’m all about keeping it simple.
Get ready to bust that cold!
Cold Busting Green Tea Chicken Noodle Soup with Ginger
Cold Busting Green Tea Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 cups water
- 6 tsp HemisFares Sencha Green Tea Loose Leaf
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow onion
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pint sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp grated ginger root
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 2 cups medium egg noodles
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash or two of hot sauce
- additional water as needed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup green onion sliced
- Prepare green tea according to package directions, using 6 cups water and 6 teaspoons green tea leaves.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery and onion and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic, mushrooms and ginger. Continue cooking for an additional 3-5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and green tea. Season with salt, pepper, basil, and hot sauce. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium-low heat. Cover the pot and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in chicken breast. If soup seems thick, add additional water as needed. Cover the pot and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and allow to soften about 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and green onion.
Are you ready to begin your own culinary journey? With HemisFares’ curated items, you’ll be able to sip your way across Japan with loose leaf green teas from different regions – no passport required!