We are so excited for apple season! Visiting the apple orchard and picking apples is always on top of our fall to do list. We all have our favorites, so we have to time it just right to be sure everyone’s favorite apple is ready for picking.
Apple season also means lots of fun apple crafts like this Crepe Paper Apple Tree Craft.
We all about making crafts fun, easy, and inexpensive. This crepe paper apple tree craft fits the bill. It is super easy to prep and uses supplies that you likely have hand.
- Green crepe paper
- Red crepe paper
- Brown paper (cardstock or construction paper)
- Cardstock (for the background)
*If you don’t have crepe paper you could substitue tissue paper or construction paper.
*We made red apples, but you could make yellow or green apples as well, just use a different shade of green than what you use for the leaves.
- Start by cutting a trunk for the tree from the brown paper and glue it to the background paper.
- Tear or cut pieces of green crepe and glue to the paper for the leaves. Tearing or cutting the crepe paper is a great a fine motor activity for kids. Both tearing and cutting build the small muscles in your child’s hands.
- Tear or cut pieces of red crepe paper, crinkle the pieces, and glue to the top of the green crepe paper for the apples.
Extend the Activity
- Cut open an apple an explore the parts of an apple.
- Enjoy an apple snack. We love dipping apple slices in caramel; super easy and yummy!
- Read books about apples. Some of our favorites are: Apples, Ten Apples Up On Top, How Do Apples Grow?
What are your favorite apple books? We are always looking for new ideas. Leave your favorites in the comments.
Written by About a Mom contributor, Kim. Kim, the mama behind The Resourceful Mama, is a medical social worker turned stay at home mom to three. She enjoys sharing simple crafts and activities, parenting and homemaking tips, and a lot of holiday fun.