How would you like to win a trip for two to Nashville to see the CMA Awards? Martha White® is giving you the chance to enter to win this amazing opportunity! Read on to find out how to enter. Since country music and good food seem to go hand in hand, I also have a scrumptious yet simple Apple Upside Down Cake recipe to share with you. You’re going to love how easy it is to make! This post is sponsored by Martha White.
I am such a fan of semi-homemade recipes. Martha White baking mixes are perfect for this kind of cooking. I made this snack cake, using Martha White Apple Cider muffin mix as a base. It’s a spin off the Apple Cider Upside-Down Cupcakes recipe on the back of the package. You could alternately use the Martha White Apple Cinnamon muffin mix.
Oh, the flavors of fall.
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake has met its match! This Apple Upside-Down Cake captures the flavors of fall, and couldn’t be any simpler to make.
Apple Upside Down Cake
2 (7 ounce) packages Martha White Apple Cider Muffin Mix
1 Cup milk
3 small Macintosh apples
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup butter
7″ round high baking dish, at least 3″ deep
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F.
2. Cut your butter into cubes, place into your baking dish, and set in your preheated oven for 5-5 minutes or until butter is melted.
3. Sprinkle your brown sugar over your butter.
4. Slice your apples from the top of the apple and use an apple corer or small cookie cutter to remove the center.
5. Place about 5 apple slices into your butter and brown sugar mix.
6. Mix together your muffin mixes, eggs, and milk and pour over your apples.
7. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick test comes out clean 8. Slice and enjoy with a cup of coffee or warm apple cider.
This is the kind of cake that I like to have on hand for unexpected guests or when I am craving a sweet snack in the afternoon. It’s perfect with a cup of coffee!
Now, go enter for your chance to win and attend the CMA Awards…
Martha White is sending FOUR lucky winners plus their guest on a trip of a lifetime to the CMA Awards. Can you imagine seeing all your favorite country stars in real life, not to mention see all the behind the scenes of an amazing awards show? Take a minute to Visit Martha White on Facebook and enter your contact information before midnight ET September 30, 2016. Just like making this cake, entering this sweepstakes couldn’t be any easier! I would absolutely LOVE for one of my readers to win. Good luck!!!
Apple Upside Down Cake
- 2 7 ounce packages Martha White Apple Cider Muffin Mix 2 Eggs 1 Cup milk 3 small Macintosh apples 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed 1/3 cup butter
- 7 " round high baking dish at least 3" deep
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- 2. Cut your butter into cubes, place into your baking dish, and set in your preheated oven for 5-5 minutes or until butter is melted.
- 3. Sprinkle your brown sugar over your butter.
- 4. Slice your apples from the top of the apple and use an apple corer or small cookie cutter to remove the center.
- 5. Place about 5 apple slices into your butter and brown sugar mix.
- 6. Mix together your muffin mixes, eggs, and milk and pour over your apples.
- 7. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick test comes out clean 8. Slice and enjoy with a cup of coffee or warm apple cider.
Yes! We just went apple picking this weekend and I desperate for recipes since we took home way too many apples. I am definitely making this!
Joyce Brewer says
My cousin gave me a similar recipe that’s so crazy delicious. Apple desserts are my weakness!
Chrystal | Nevermore Lane says
I have had a pineapple upside down cake but never an apple one. Just in time for fall. This sounds amazing.
Beeb Ashcroft says
We try to recognize birthdays for all the youth we work with and the volunteers at the outreach we are a part of. One of the favorites is pineapple upside down cake. We will have to give this apple recipe a try and change it up a bit. Thanks for sharing.
Janell Poulette says
I am with you about semi-homemade recipes! This recipe looks to die for, and very simple! Macintosh apples are also my favorite for baking!
Yum! This looks so good and perfect for Fall. I’m definitely pinning this recipe!
Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly says
I have never tried an apple or pineapple upside down cake before, I need to get on that!
This looks so delicious, and so “fall’!! You’d never guess it came from a mix!