I am not gonna lie, I am more excited about Disney’s new live action Beauty and the Beast movie than my 8 year old. The original remains my favorite Disney movie of all time and the new one promises to hold its own in a different way. I am sure you know the original Disney tale of Beauty and the Beast, but the new live-action musical will feature Emma Watson as Belle and Dan Stevens as the beast. It looks like a magical fairy tale come to life, and I can not wait to see it.
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, the live action musical hits theaters on March 17!
So, with my love of Beauty and the Beast out there for the world to know, I couldn’t wait to share a this simple DIY Beauty and the Beast Canvas art project with you. With a combination of paint and a few other objects, you can create this fun and multi dimensional canvas featuring the Enchanted Rose. Between the felt and the canvas, this craft was less than $5 to make, and it is perfect for a little girl’s room.
This is such a fun project to do with your kids!
DIY Beauty and the Beast Canvas Art Project
You will need:
An 8×10 canvas
Gold paint pen
Red craft felt or foam
Green chenille stem
1. Begin by drawing two straight lines 6” apart, and 8” tall with your pencil.
2. Lay the sauce over the top of the lines until it creates a template for the arched top of the enchanted rose glass dome, trace with a pencil.
3. Go over the pencil drawing with your gold paint pen, you can also use gold paint and a fine paint brush as well, the paint pens just make it so easy!
4. Center your green chenille stem on the canvas and attach with hot glue.
5. To make your rose cut a 5” diameter circle out of red craft felt, cut it in a spiral like the one pictured below.
6. Roll the stripe of felt, starting on the outer end and working your way in, secure every couple inches with glue. You can create your rose in any stage, from a full rose to a wilting one with just a few simple twists and adjustments until you get it the way you like it.
7. Attach the rose to the top of green chenille stem.
8. Add a small red felt “petal” or two to the bottom of the canvas.
Have you seen this newest poster featuring Emma Watson as Belle? Stunning!
Like BEAUTY AND THE BEAST on Facebook.
Follow BEAUTY AND THE BEAST on Twitter.
Follow BEAUTY AND THE BEAST on Instagram.
Visit the official BEAUTY AND THE BEAST website.
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST opens in theatres everywhere on March 17th, 2017!
Julie Wood says
This craft project for Beauty and the Beast is gorgeous. Your craft would be so much fun to make with the kids! We can not wait to see the movie next month.
Julie Waldron says
This is such a cute craft & would be fun to make before or after seeing the movie. The movie looks great as well.
Marilyn Legault says
Amazing all the things you can make with foam and glue.
shelly peterson says
What a cute and fun idea this is! We haven the movie and loved it.