E.T. Blu-Ray Combo Pack is now available for the first time as of October 9, 2012. I remember back in 1982 taking my four children to the Twin Theater in our town to see E.T. for the very first time. I paid $1.00 per ticket and walked in with an over-sized trash bag full of popcorn, plastic cups and bottles of Kool-Aid. My oh my have so many things changed since then. These days when I take my grandchildren to the movies I can expect to pay $12.00 per ticket and there is no way I would make it through the door toting my trash bag full of popcorn. I am so excited to have the chance to watch E.T. again, this time with my grandchildren. Watching E.T. on Blu-ray is pure magic!
“When E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial premiered in 1982, it captured the imaginations of people young, old and everyone in between in a way that was unparalleled in modern movie history,” said Craig Kornblau, President of Universal Studios Home Entertainment. “A global cultural phenomenon — and the biggest box-office blockbuster of its day — E.T. brought out the child in all of us. We are thrilled audiences will now be able to experience the film in the astounding quality of Blu-rayTM.”
E.T. Blu-Ray Combo Pack
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Anniversary Edition Blu-ray™ Combo Pack includes the 1982 theatrical movie, an all-new interview with director Steven Spielberg, and “The E.T. Journals” featuring never-before-seen footage from the set of the film. The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack also includes UltraViolet™, a DVD and a Digital Copy of the film, offering fans a chance to relive the mystery, laughter and wonder of the iconic movie anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice.
Just in case you haven’t had the pleasure of seeing this film before, here is a synopsis:
When an imaginative boy meets a lost alien, it is the beginning of one of cinema’s most endearing friendships, as Elliot (Henry Thomas) helps the marvelous creature he calls E.T. find his way back home before government agents can capture him.
Bonus Features on E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray:
• The E.T. Journals: In this all-new bonus feature, retrace the day-to-day experience of creating E.T from never-before-seen, behind-the-scenes footage shot by Academy Award®-winning cinematographer John Toll. This piece will give viewers a unique feeling of being on the set and living the excitement of what it was like to make E.T.
• Steven Spielberg & E.T.: Watch an all-new interview with Steven Spielberg, as he reflects back on the film and discusses his experience working with the actors, as well as his overall and current perspective on E.T.
• Deleted Scenes: Two scenes from 2002 version of the film.
• A Look Back: A special insider’s look into the making of E.T. featuring interviews with Steven Spielberg, the cast, and others intimately involved with the film.
• The E.T. Reunion: The cast and filmmaker reunite to discuss their thoughts on the impact of the film.
• The Evolution and Creation of E.T.: From idea to screenplay, through casting and making the film.
• The Music of E.T.: A Discussion with John Williams: Interviews and footage focused on the long-standing relationship between John Williams and Steven Spielberg.
• The 20th Anniversary Premiere: Composer John Williams played the score of E.T. live at the Shrine Auditorium for the re-release premiere of E.T. This featurette gives us a behind the scenes look at this presentation.
• Original Theatrical Trailer
• Special Olympics TV spot
E.T.: THE GREEN PLANET
Universal is also partnering with leading independent games publisher Chillingo to publish E.T.: The Green Planet for the iTunes App Store. Inspired by a novel based on a story by Steven Spielberg, players travel with E.T. to his home planet, explore and build extraordinary intergalactic botanical gardens, and share their experiences with friends.
Watching E.T. again after all of these years makes me feel old, yet at the same time makes me feel young again. All the same emotions are there — anticipation, wonder, sadness, and joy. This has to be the most heartfelt movie of all time and I am so happy to finally add E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial to my family’s Blu-Ray collection.
E.T. The Extra Terrestrial Blu-Ray Combo Pack is now available!
I remember seeing this in theaters, and I remember being frozen with joy during the E.T. chase scene. It’s no exaggeration when they say that the scene where Elliot and E.T. fly alongside the moon is one of the most magical moments in cinema!
Susie B. Homemaker says
I loved this movie when I was younger and think my 7 yr. old is at the age where she would like it too. Such a classic… definitely one to have in the collection.
Allyson Bossie says
I had no idea this was coming out on Blueray. This is one of my husband’s all time favorite movies., and would make a great present for him for either Christmas or his birthday!
Nicole - Mama to 4 Blessings says
one of the best movies of all times. I remember I was about 8 when this movie 1st came out. Great that it’s on blue-ray now!
I’m a huge fan of ET! I just got this on Blu-ray and we loved it in that format!
I agree! I really want to purchase this on Blu-ray- maybe I will next week.
Blu-ray is an amazing format, and I think it’s a million times better than DVD. The quality is so amazing (8x better than DVD), and the colorization makes it look exactly as it did in theaters, except without all of the dirt and jitter that is on old film. Studios do a really great job of making sure Blu-rays are worthwhile!
I must have seen this movie over 50 times throughout my life! I was 7 when it came out, and my son is 7 now. I was really excited to share it with him.
Ashley S says
Now that I think of it, I don’t think my kids have ever seen this. I LOVE this movie!
Kasandria Reasoner says
I got this and LOVE all the extras!
Patty Crout says
I love love love this movie!