These adorable little Easter Egg Chicks are great fun to make when you are decorating Easter eggs. Hard-boiled eggs, yellow dye and a few basic craft supplies are all you need to make these little cuties. They look so real they practically peep. Happy Easter!
What You’ll Need to Make Easter Egg Chicks:
1/2 Cup Boiling Water
20 Drops Yellow Food Coloring
1 Teaspoon Vinegar
Orange Card Stock
Yellow Craft Feathers
Craft glue or hot glue gun
Easter Egg Chicks Directions:
1. Place your boiling water in a coffee mug and mix in your yellow food coloring and vinegar.
2. Add a hard boiled egg to your coffee mug and let set for several minutes until you reach your desired yellow color.
3. Dry off your egg and cut out a small diamond shape from your orange paper, fold in half lengthwise, and carefully hot glue to the center of the egg.
4. Glue two googly eyes above the orange beak.
5. Then glue a feather to the top.
6. The kids will love to crack one open and eat for a healthy snack, just make sure they only eat the egg:)