Father’s Day is fast approaching and this fun Paper Plate Tie Craft is the perfect homemade Father’s Day gift for preschool kids to make. This simple Father’s Day craft project comes together quickly, in under 30 minutes.
When my son was younger, he was obsessed with mimicking his Dad. What a fun way for younger kids to dress like their dad as he heads out for work in the morning!
A new tie is the perfect Father’s Day gift for Dad and this one is sure to be his favorite. Gather your supplies and get crafting! This is going to be so much FUN.
Paper Plate Tie Craft – Homemade Father’s Day Gift
Craft paints: yellow, blue, and green
Foam paint brush
1. Draw a tie outline on your paper plate with your black sharpie:
Top width is 2.5 inches
Top Angled sides are 1.5 inches
Bottom angled points are 2 inches
2. Paint your tie with your foam paint brush and yellow paint and let dry.
3. Dip the skinny part of your paint brush in your blue paint to stamp angled stripes onto the yellow tie.
4. Now dip the handle into the green paint and stamp it onto the tie for polka dots and let dry.
5. Once your tie is dry, use scissors to cut it out.
6. Use your hole puncher to punch out a hole on each side of the top.
7. Weave your twine into the holes and tie into a necklace for your Dad.
**parental supervision recommended for wearing the necklace