It’s Thanksgiving week and with that comes traditions. One of my favorite holiday traditions in recent years is watching Gilmore Girls on UPtv. Are you ready for some Stars Hollow magic?! Grab your snacks and a cup of coffee (maybe some Candy Cane Coffee?), pull on your cozy socks on and snuggle up on the couch for the Gilmore Girls’ 2020 GilMORE the Merrier Binge-A-Thon on UPtv. This post is sponsored by UPtv and all opinions are my own.
Each November, UPtv network plays host to a massive multi-platform event called GilMORE the Merrier, an all-out Gilmore Girls binge-a-thon. During the event, UPtv airs every episode ever of Gilmore Girls (that’s 153 episodes plus four movies!) with fun hourly trivia and prizes, constant Twitter chat and a sweepstakes with grand prizes curated specifically for the die-hard Gilmore Girls fans. For the first time ever, this year’s marathon also includes the Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life movies.
GilMORE the Merrier on UPtv
Here is everything you need to know about the 2020 GilMORE the Merrier Binge-A-Thon:
- The 8-Day Binge-A-Thon begins on Sunday, November 22 at 11:00 PM ET and ends Monday, November 30 at 3:00 AM ET and features EVERY Gilmore Girls episode EVER. That’s 153 episodes of non-stop Gilmore Girls.
- And, for the first time the marathon includes all four of the Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life movies (starting on Sun. November 29 at 11:00 AM ET and running again at 7:00 PM ET.
- Also for the first time, fans can watch exclusive scenes never seen before on TV!
- Your “Stars Hollow Hosts” will be Keiko Agena (Lane), Yanic Truesdale (Michel), Sally Struthers (Babette) and Liz Torres (Miss Patty).
Where can you watch?
The GilMORE the Merrier marathon, in its 5th year running, airs on UPtv. If you don’t have UPtv channel, you totally should. They air the most uplifting and heartwarming programming. UPtv is the destination for exclusive premiere movies, box-office hit films and beloved series. And, if you would like to check it out for yourself… you’re in luck. You can stream UPtv it with Philo TV and Philo is currently offering a 7-day free trial.
Sweepstakes, Prizes & More
- Hourly trivia and prizes
- Fun pop-up trivia and hourly prizes
- GilMORE the Merrier Sweepstakes
Play along using unique hashtags. Be sure you are following @UPtv on Twitter and the #GilMORETheMerrier hashtag. And, follow me @aboutamom too! I’ll be live tweeting along with the Binge-A-Thon on Wednesday evening 11/25 from 8:00 PM ET until 11:00 PM ET and again on Sunday 11/29 from 1:00 PM ET until 3:00 PM. On Wednesday morning (11/25) be on the lookout for my GILMORE the Merrier Giveaway. I have an AWESOME Gilmore Girls Prize Pack to give away.
GilMORE the Merrier Sweepstakes – Over the course of the 8-day event, viewers enter for a chance to win one of 10 amazing Gilmore Girls grand prizes! Increase your chances of winning by entering daily or playing along with the hourly pop-up trivia. Enter at GilmoretheMerrier.com.
FUN FACT: It is the 20th anniversary of Gilmore Girls! Can you believe it? The beloved show we’ve all watched over and over again is 20 years old. Somehow, it feels new and I still get warm fuzzies every time I watch it.
Gilmore Girls is Steeped in Tradition
The GilMORE the Merrier marathon has become a holiday tradition for me over the last few year, and not just for me, but for my daughter too. The GilMORE the Merrier Binge-A-Thon was the perfect opportunity to introduce her to Rory and Lorelai and the show I love so much. Stars Hollow and its quirky characters is truly magical, especially during the holiday season. There’s nothing more beautiful than seeing it snow in Stars Hollow.
Gilmore Girls is steeped with tradition, although most are rather quirky. Traditions like late night chats in Rory’s bedroom, coffee at Luke’s, those Friday night dinners, ALWAYS showing up late to town meetings, marathon movie nights with plenty of junk food, Pop Tarts… lots of Pop Tarts, and going to Weston’s for a cup of holiday Candy Cane Coffee.
Lorelai & Rory Approved Candy Cane Coffee Recipe
Speaking of Candy Cane Coffee… I have a Gilmore Girls’ inspired Candy Cane Coffee recipe for you. I believe it was a Christmas episode in Season 7 where the girls missed out on Weston’s peppermint coffee. It was the day after Christmas and Weston’s had stopped selling it. The nerve! So the improvised and melted candy canes in their coffee and said something along the lines of… and it only had the vaguest whisper of peppermint. I love that scene and I love Candy Cane Coffee! It goes perfect with my Sookie Approved Rocky Road Cookies.
The holiday season wouldn’t be the same without holiday coffee drinks. It is so easy to make your own Candy Cane Coffee. This indulgent peppermint mocha coffee is the perfect sweet treat for the holiday season. Why spend $5 at the coffee shop when you can so easily make your own candy cane coffee at home?
Ingredients Needed for Candy Cane Coffee
- freshly brewed coffee
- whole milk (or 2% if you’re watching your waistline)
- semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- peppermint extract
- vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- crushed candy canes
Candy Cane Coffee
- 2 cups fresh brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint
- In a small saucepan combine brewed coffee, milk, chocolate morsels, peppermint extract and vanilla extract. Heat on low-medium heat, stirring until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour into two mugs. Top generously with whipped cream and crushed peppermint.
Will you be tuning in to UPtv this week for Gilmore Girls?