St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner! I think it’s time to share another fun St Patrick’s Day dessert. These Green Velvet Cheesecake Bars have just the right amount of green to be festive and perfect for St Patrick’s Day.
You might also like Andes Mint Cupcakes and Green Tea Shamrock Cookies! Both are a fun and delicious St Patrick’s Day dessert.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase items using these links, About a Mom earns a small commission.
Green Velvet Cheesecake Bars St Patrick’s Day Ingredients
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs
1 stick butter, melted
1 oz green food coloring.
3 8z packages cream cheese, softened
2⁄3 cup sugar
1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
How to Make:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper.
2) In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and green food coloring. Stir well to combine. Press into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
3) Beat together cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs, one a time and mix well. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour cream cheese mixture on top of crust.
4) Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool for 15 minutes and then transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely before slicing. Top with green sprinkles.
Top Tips for a Perfect St Patrick Cheesecake
Tip: I like the way gel food coloring works. It takes less dye and it doesn’t make everything as wet.
Tip: I find that it is hard for me to find just green sprinkles at my store. It is easier for me to purchase them online. Or these little shamrock sprinkles are adorable.
Tip: If you use parchment paper, the dessert is easier to remove from the pan. I use it for a lot of my desserts, but it can be hard to find at the store. Here is another option to get parchment paper conveniently.
How to Store
When baking a large amount of dessert, there may be leftovers, and this is also the case with these cheesecake bars.
Since these bars have dairy and eggs, they can spoil if not stored appropriately. Best is to refrigerate them and consume them within 3-4 days.
Green Velvet St Patrick’s Day Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 oz green food coloring.
- 3 8 z packages cream cheese softened
- 2 ⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- green sprinkles
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- 2) In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and green food coloring. Stir well to combine. Press into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- 3) Beat together cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs, one a time and mix well. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour cream cheese mixture on top of crust.
- 4) Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool for 15 minutes and then transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely before slicing. Top with green sprinkles.
Check out these other St. Patrick’s Day Favorites:
Leprechaun Gnomes made with Sugar Cones
St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Cupcakes
Shepherd’s Pie made with Ground Beef
Leprechaun Cookies made with Nutter Butters
If you like this recipe, please Pin It and share it with your friends!
What a perfect dessert for Saint Patrick’s Day.
amy guillaume linderman says
holy cow does this sound good! i need to make this
Natalie Brown says
One of my best friends favorite is red velvet. Now I can make them green velvet bars. These look delicious! “Pinned” 🙂
These look good (and are pretty). Even though St. Pat’s Day has passed, I think they’d be great for Easter.
Heather Hayes Panjon says
These Look Delicious! Super Creative!
Julie Wood says
I love Cheesecake bars, and these look so delicious and fun to make. I like the green crust-it gives it a nice color. I bet you could make these with different colors of crust for different Holidays!
Hannah C says
Omg I have to make this! I love cheesecake and this just looks so delicious. It’s a great St. Patrick’s Day dessert.
These really caught my eye, they look so festive and also springy, too. I’d love to try this!
Audrey Stewart says
I love this recipe. We will be making these for St. Patrick’s Day. I just love cheesecake, even if it’s green.
These look so yummy and fun for the season thanks for sharing this one.