It’s not that simple to find healthy halloween treats for kids. But halloween snacks do NOT have to ONLY be candy. In fact, it seems like every halloween treat involves candy in some way. All that candy contains sugar, and too much sugar is bad for our teeth, and our waistlines. If you’re looking for a healthy halloween treat that you can feel great about sharing with your kids, I’ve got a wonderful recipe idea for you!
These adorable Ghostly Bananas are simple to make — and they can even be a quick lunch, snack, or breakfast. The kids think they are getting a fun treat, but they’re eating fruit, protein-filled peanut butter, and sweet raisins.
Depending on if you are making these as a meal or a snack (or dessert!), you can change up what you do for the eyes. If you want it to be healthier, use raisins. If it is a dessert, use chocolate chips. Don’t forget the sprinkled orange sugar! A small sprinkle just adds to the fun.
Healthy Halloween Snacks: Ghostly Bananas:
1/2 cup peanut butter or other nut butter
6 chocolate chips or raisins
Orange (or other halloween color) sugar for sprinkling
1. Cut the banana in half down the center.
2. Cut each half lengthwise down the middle.
3. Spread each half with a smear of peanut butter.
4. Dot on the raisins or chocolate chips to create a face.
5. Sprinkle with sugar.
Voila! Watch the kids gobble these up and try to refrain from eating them all yourself!
Have a pal who doesn’t like bananas? Make them with apples:
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or other nut butter
- 6 chocolate chips or raisins
- Orange or other halloween color sugar for sprinkling
- 1. Cut the banana in half down the center.
- 2. Cut each half lengthwise down the middle.
- 3. Spread each half with a smear of peanut butter.
- 4. Dot on the raisins or chocolate chips to create a face.
- 5. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Voila! Watch the kids gobble these up and try to refrain from eating them all yourself!
These are cute. I love banana and peanut butter.
Marcie W. says
So simple and so adorable!
Melanie S. says
They both look so cute. I think I might even try the apples today!
Mama to 5 BLessings says
Peanut butter and bananas are awesome together!
What a brilliant AND simple idea to use bananas.
Grace Hodgin says
Hey those are some fun snacks that kids would really enjoy. Such cute ideas.
These sound great for Halloween parties.
Oh love how you got in the spirit. My daughter does cooking at school and they have been doing holiday themed foods.
My Toddler loves “Nanas” and would have the biggest grin if I made these for him.
Thanks for the ideas! My boys are going to love these!