Water. It is essential to life and good health, yet there are so many of us who do not drink enough of it. It not only helps to maintain the balance of fluids in our body, but also aids in weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight. For most of my adult life I was a diet soda addict. Many days would go by where the only beverage I consumed was diet soda. Then over the summer I watched a documentary that jolted me into making some changes for better health. For the past month or so I have done a good job of substituting juice for a lot of the diet soda I was drinking, but I still need to drink more water. Puritan’s Pride has challenged me to be a part of their One Small Change Movement by committing to make one small change in my health habits over 60 days. I knew immediately that I needed to commit to drinking more water.
Over the course of the next two months, I will be following up with two additional blog posts and social media updates to share how this healthy choice has made a difference. I hope you will follow along and commit to making a small change of your own.
I’m one of those people who can’t jump head first into something like a radical diet or exercise program. My momentum fizzles out really fast when I make too many changes, so this idea of making one beneficial small change really appeals to me. Drinking several more glasses of water daily is totally doable. I look forward to feeling better!
Have you thought about one small change that you would like to make for better health? If you need some ideas, here are a few small changes that can really make a difference.
- Quitting smoking can add an average of a decade of life expectancy.
- Adding 20 minutes of walking to your daily routine lowers the risk of high blood pressure by 7.2%, high cholesterol by 7% and diabetes by 12.3%, over 6 years.
- Drinking 2 cups of water 30 minutes before each meal can lead to a 44% greater rate of weight loss over a 12-week period.
- Snacking on fruits or vegetables twice a day can lead to a 10% weight loss over 6 months.
- People eating at least 2 cups of fruit a day are 30% less likely to have a heart attack or stroke.
- Getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night can decrease the risk of weight gain due to sleep loss by 15%.
- Meditation and deep breathing exercises for 15 minutes a day for 3 months can decrease Cortisol, the hormone associated with physical & mental stress.
About Puritan’s Pride
Puritan’s Pride is on a mission to help people make healthy choices in their lives and to feel better.
Puritan’s Pride began over 40 years ago, with the mission of making the finest quality nutritional supplements available at the best value to their customers. Today, the company remains true to its original commitment and serves over six million loyal customers. They manufacture more than 1,400 vitamins, minerals, herbs and other nutritional supplements in their state-of-the art facilities located throughout the U.S. As part of the company’s commitment to quality, Puritan’s Pride only uses ingredients from suppliers that meet their Quality Assurance Standards, as well as Good Manufacturing Practices food quality standards.
Make one small change and you can improve your health. Start today. Puritan’s Pride wants to help. Pledge your change and enter to win $2,000, plus products to support your healthy lifestyle.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Puritan’s Pride. The opinions and text are all mine.