The sun is shining bright here making for some hot days. We started seeing 100+ degrees days early this summer. When are not at the pool cooling off, we are often staying cool inside doing summer themed crafts. This paper bowl sun craft was our latest creation.
We are a huge fan of paper plate crafts. We use them often in our crafts, but decided to switch things up and try paper bowls for this sun craft.
Paper Plate Sun Craft
- Paper bowl
- Yellow paint
- Yellow paper (We used card stock, construction or foam paper would work as well.)
- Googly Eyes
- Black marker
If you don’t have paper bowls on hand you easily substitute paper plates for this sun craft.
1. Paint the bottom of the paper bowl yellow and allow to dry.
2. Cut strips of yellow paper.
3. Glue the strips of yellow paper to the top of the bowl, so that they stick out and form the sun’s rays.
4. Glue googly eyes to the bottom of the bowl (painted side) for the eyes and draw a mouth with the black maker.
If you like this, you might also enjoy these fun paper plate crafts for kids.
Written by About a Mom contributor, Kim. Kim, the mama behind The Resourceful Mama, is a medical social worker turned stay at home mom to three. She enjoys sharing simple crafts and activities, parenting and homemaking tips, and a lot of holiday fun.