For us summer is all about spending time at the pool or lake, especially as temperatures climb into the 100s and beyond. It also means lots of fun summer themed crafts like this beach ball craft.
This beach ball craft is a fun, colorful summer craft that is really easy and inexpensive to make with supplies that you likely have on hand.
Paper Plate Beach Ball Craft
- Paper plate
- Construction paper (various colors)
- White paper
1. Draw a circle in the middle of the plate.
2. Divide the plate into 1/6ths. We did this by lightly folding the plate in 1/2 in three different spots and drawing out lines on the folded creases.
3. Tear construction paper into small pieces.
4. Glue pieces of torn construction paper into the plate so that each 1/6th is a different color.
5. Finish off the beach ball craft by gluing a small white circle to the middle of the paper plate beach ball.
As added bonus this beach ball craft works on the fine motor skills. Tearing paper is a great activity for developing the small muscles in your child’s hands that are needed for handwriting.
Written by About a Mom contributor, Kim. Kim, the mama behind The Resourceful Mama, is a medical social worker turned stay at home mom to three. She enjoys sharing simple crafts and activities, parenting and homemaking tips, and a lot of holiday fun.