Summer is picnic season! The warm weather is just perfect for eating outdoors and enjoying summer desserts. This picnic perfect Patriotic Berry Trifle is just right for your outdoor dining, whether your are going to listen to a concert in the park, watching a fireworks display, or just spending time outdoors with the family. With Memorial Day and the 4th of July coming up, I thought it would be fun to make a red, white and blue patriotic dessert.
Let’s take this party outside!
During the hot summer months, I love desserts like this that don’t require firing up the oven. This Berry Trifle is oh-so simple to make, so you’ll have plenty of time to make these Italian inspired Ciabatta Sandwiches and Lemony Macaroni Salad too. This picnic is really starting to shape up.
Patriotic Berry Trifle
yields 6 servings
1 Angel Food Cake, prepared
1 small container Cool Whip
1 cup blueberries
3 cups strawberries, sliced
You will need 6 mason jars with lids. Wash the berries and allow to dry. Cut the strawberries in half or into slices. If your berries aren’t sweet enough, you can optionally toss them in a bit of sugar.
Cut the angel food cake into chunks. You will have some cake leftover, to enjoy later.
To assemble, begin with a layer of cake pieces in the bottom of the jar. Top with a layer of berries, then whipped cream. Repeat.
The Cool Whip can quickly spoil in summer’s heat, so be sure to pack these with ice.
For more fun creative summer ideas, check out a few of my favorite blogs.
- Iced Rhubarb Tea from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Spinach Smoothies from A Mom’s Take
- DIY Solar Lamp from Simply Southern Mom
- Strawberry Pops from Mom on the Side
- Frozen Hot Chocolate from Home and Garden Cafe
- DIY Natural Wood Planter for Father’s Day from Our Family World
- Mason Jar Dirt Pudding by Better in Bulk
- Patriotic Whoopie Pies by How Was Your Day?
- Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan by Day by Day in Our World
- How to Make a Fairy Garden by Momma D Jane
- Make Your Own Summer Scent by Style on Main
- Cheese Stuffed Grilled Ranch Bacon Burger by Mom Does It All
- No Churn Caramel Ice Cream by My So Called Balanced Life
- Grilled Loaded Fries & Fresh Strawberry Lemonade perfect Summer snack idea by Two Boys One Girl and a Crazy Mom
- Easy Potato Salad by Upstate Ramblings
- DIY Flip Flops by This Mama Loves
- Build a Dinotastic Terrarium by The Guavalicious Life