I can't wait for you to make this recipe!
These Chocolate Cherry Coca Cola Cupcakes have a surprise inside that make them incredibly moist. The cupcakes get their amazing flavor from Coca-Cola, cherry pie filling and maraschino cherry liquid.
Grab your ingredients!
– 1 Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix – 4 large eggs – 1/4 cup vegetable oil – 12 ounces Coca Cola – 8 ounce maraschino cherries – 21 ounce cherry pie filling lightly drained – 2.5 cups butter cream frosting see below for my recipe – 2 tbsp maraschino cherry liquid – 24 maraschino cherries
– Prepare Buttercream Frosting adding in 2 tbsp maraschino cherry liquid, set aside.
– Prepare cake mix according to package directions, except substitute coca cola for water.
– Line muffin cups with paper baking cups. Pour batter into cups, almost to the top (these cupcakes don't rise a lot). – Bake on 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
– Remove cupcakes from pan and move to a wire rack. Cool completely, frost with cherry frosting and top each cupcake with a maraschino cherry.