Summer break is here at last. It won’t be long before you start hearing those dreaded words “Mom, I’m bored.” Fortunately, there are a lot of fun things do over summer break that won’t break the bank.
Here are our top 25 fun things to do over summer break.
1. Play in the sprinklers.
2. Go to the beach or a local park. Print this fun scavenger hunt checklist and take it along.
3. Make your own kite or oven baked beads.
4. Make a Summer scrap book or memory book. Here’s a fun summer travel journal you can make.
5. Put on a play for the other neighborhood kids.
6. Spread smiles by visiting a nursing home.
7. Take the dog for a walk.
8. Make homemade ice pops.
9. Go camping in your backyard.
10. Lay outside on a blanket and stargaze. Here’s a fun moon phases activity.
11. Pull out some board games you haven’t played in a while.
12. Go for a hike or a walk in the woods and take nature pictures. Check out these nature photography tips.
13. Attend free concerts, festivals, and movies in your home town.
14. Pack a picnic lunch. These Italian inspired ciabatta sandwiches are perfect.
15. Have fun with homemade bubbles, wands and blowers.
16. Set up a lemonade stand.
17. Make these 10 fun paper plate crafts.
18. Participate in a Summer reading program at the library.
19. Start a family movie club.
20. Give your time to service projects such as community clean up projects.
21. Go on a treasure hunt. You’ll need hidden treasures and a treasure map. Better yet, go geocaching!
22. Catch bugs then make this fun paper plate lady bug craft.
23. Learn some funny new jokes.
24. Visit the local farmer’s market. Print this free fruit and vegetable scavenger hunt to take along.
25. Learn some magic tricks and put on a magic show.
What are your favorite things to do over Summer break?