I had to do it. I added bacon to my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. Isn’t everything better with bacon, after all? I have to be honest with you and say that everyone in my family wasn’t won over by this Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. My mom wasn’t so much a fan of them. But my brother and the kids loved them. I’ll add my vote to the latter party.
A few weeks ago, I was listening to the Rachael Ray show while getting some work done at my desk. I believe the whole show was dedicated to bacon. My attention was peaked when I heard that bacon chocolate chip cookies were being given to the lucky audience members. It was such a revelation. Why hadn’t I thought to make these cookies before? Surely, chocolate chip cookies would only be better with the addition of bacon?
So, I gave it a go and here is the recipe. You can’t really see the bits of bacon in the cookies, but you can sure taste them. These cookies are a real treat!
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips a few extra won't hurt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 8 slices bacon crisply cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt.
- Stir in flour, chocolate chips, nuts, and bacon pieces.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until edges are nicely browned.
Sign-up for a FREE weekly newsletter for the best of Betty! Get exclusive access to up to $250 per year in coupon savings, free samples every month, the hottest recipes and more!