Looking for a delicious and easy recipe to make this summer? This Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is perfect for any day of the year. It’s made with bacon, ranch dressing, sour cream, pasta and peas. You don’t need to stress over a side dish because you can make it in the time it takes to boil water! See how easy it is to make this classic pot luck favorite.
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
A picnic is a great way to spend an afternoon with friends and family, but it can be difficult to find the perfect dish. It doesn’t have to be that way! This Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad recipe will fill your guests’ tummies without breaking your budget or giving you any headaches. You don’t need to stress over a side dish because this potluck favorite comes together in just 25 minutes!
The best part about this recipe is that you can customize it however you want. Add more or less pasta if you’re feeling hungry or swap out the peas for corn kernels if they’re your favorite vegetable. Make sure not to forget some extra bacon on top!
But this pasta salad isn’t just for picnics. It makes a delicious side dish to any dinner. Serve it on its own as a light main dish, or as a side to chicken, pork or burgers. The best part is that if you have any leftovers, it tastes even better the next day for lunch!
How Long Will Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad Last
This recipe makes about 4 cups of pasta salad. It keeps in the refrigerator for up to five days, but after two days it starts losing its freshness so try to eat it within three days.
Variations to This Pasta Salad
This is a classic dish served at picnics, but there are a lot of other fun ways to serve it. If you want a spicy kick, add 1/2 cup diced jalapenos and mix it in with the pasta and ranch dressing. You can make it extra sweet by adding chopped apples or strawberries for an afternoon snack or dessert.. If you’re in a hurry, mix all the ingredients right in the pot – no need to dirty another dish.
You can also add some chicken to this pasta salad to make it a complete meal. You can choose to use rotisserie chicken from the deli, boiled chicken or grilled chicken. If you’re trying to cut back on sodium, just substitute grilling for boiling when making this dish at home.
Swap the veggies. Instead of peas, you can substitute green beans or your favorite fresh vegetable. You can also add some halved grapes in with the pasta for a sweet and summery salad.
If you don’t like to use bacon, you can also use ham or prosciutto. Turkey bacon or vegetarian bacon will work as well.
Don’t be afraid to get creative! Add more spices and herbs to enhance the flavor of the pasta salad. Try using lemon juice and pepper for a light fresh taste, or add basil, garlic powder and oregano for authentic Italian flavor.
- 1 (16 oz.) box elbow noodles
- 1 (1 oz.) package hidden valley ranch dip seasoning mix
- 1 (16 oz.) container sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 (16 oz.) block cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 oz.) bag frozen peas, thawed
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Give them a good stir so the pasta doesn’t stick. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir the ranch seasoning, sour cream and mayonnaise together until well combined. Add the cooled pasta and stir until well combined.
Add the cheese, peas and bacon. Gently stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately or store refrigerated in an airtight container, until ready to serve.
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- 16 ounce elbow noodles
- 1 packet hidden valley ranch dip seasoning mix
- 16 ounce sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 16 ounce cheddar cheese, cubed
- 10 oz frozen peas, thawed
- 8 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Give them a good stir so the pasta doesn’t stick. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir the ranch seasoning, sour cream and mayonnaise together until well combined. Add the cooled pasta and stir until well combined.
- Add the cheese, peas and bacon. Gently stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated in an airtight container, until ready to serve.
Check out these other easy side dish recipes:
Leave a Reply