Ravioli and lasagna lovers rejoice! This dish is a marriage of two Italian classics, combining the creamy deliciousness of ravioli with the hearty satisfaction of lasagna. Our Baked Ravioli Lasagna is made fresh with layers of stuffed pasta, cheese, and sauce for a meal that will leave you feeling satisfied and smiling from ear to ear.
This post may contain affiliate links. About a Mom receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support the free content we share on this blog!
Baked Ravioli Lasagna
Who wants to eat lasagna for dinner tonight? We’re making it easy for you with our Baked Ravioli Lasagna. It has all the delicious flavors of traditional lasagna, but without any of the hassle! Just pop one in your oven and enjoy a hot meal ready in 30 minutes. No boiling noodles or tediously layering ingredients – just ravioli goodness baked right into every slice. With just a few layers of sauce, cheese, meat and ravioli, you have an absolutely amazing dinner tonight.
What’s the best ravioli for lasagna?
I like to use frozen ravioli when I make this baked ravioli lasagna. You can also use fresh ravioli is you prefer. If you are using fresh ravioli, the bake time will be different because when you use the frozen, you are cooking the lasagna while the ravioli are still frozen. Since the fresh pasta needs less cooking time, you want to make sure to not overcook them and make them soggy.
Can Baked Ravioli be made ahead of time?
You can make this lasagna ahead of time. It’s even better the next day after all of the flavors have had more time to mellow together. You could also freeze it unbaked, then let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking.
Can Baked Ravioli be frozen?
You can absolutely freeze this baked ravioli. It makes a great freezer meal. You can make this as a make ahead meal that you just need to take from the freezer and bake or you can freeze the leftovers.
What is the best way to freeze baked ravioli lasagna?
If you want to make this as a freezer meal, you can assemble the baked ravioli with the sauce, cheese and meat. Wrap the pan of well with plastic wrap and foil. Then you can place it in the freezer until you are ready to bake. You can also freeze individual portions of ravioli lasagna. This would be done after you have already baked it and you freeze the leftovers.
When freezing the leftovers, you can place it in an airtight container or a plastic freezer bag.
How to Reheat Leftovers
The best way to reheat baked ravioli lasagna is to bake it again in the oven. You can use a stove top as well by placing it in a saucepan and heating it on medium heat, stirring often. If you are looking for microwave instructions, it’s going to need to be done in microwave safe dish with a little bit of water added to keep it moist. Heat at full power for 4 minutes, stir and heat for additional 2-3 minutes or until fully heated through.
- 16oz lean ground beef
- 1 medium-large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 40 ounces cheese ravioli, frozen (thaw enough so they are not stuck together)
- 2 ¾ cup marinara sauce (or more)
- 4 cups mozzarella, shredded
Need a great family-size casserole dish? This Corningware Casserole Dish is perfect for this baked ravioli lasagna casserole and more.
How to Make Baked Ravioli Lasagna
Preheat oven for 400.
In a large saucepan, brown meat for about 10 minutes.
Add onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and cook for another 5 minutes, and set aside.
Grease a 9×13 casserole dish and pour a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom; about ¾ cup (depending on the shape of your casserole dish).
Place a layer of ravioli.
With a slotted spoon if you have a lot of fat, evenly layer the cooked meat.
Add 2 cups of mozzarella on top of meat, and then another layer of sauce: about 2 cups.
Add another layer of sauce
Repeat another ravioli layer with remaining pasta
Top with remaining cheese.
Put in oven for 30 minutes covered with foil. Pro tip: If you spray the tin foil inside with non-stick spray your cheese will not stick to it.
Check the lasagna at the 30-minute mark and if is wet, bake uncovered for another 10 minutes.
Let sit for about 10-15 minutes before serving.
Baked Ravioli Lasagna
- Preheat oven for 400.
- In a large saucepan, brown meat for about 10 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and cook for another 5 minutes, and set aside.
- Grease a 9x13 casserole dish and pour a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom; about ¾ cup (depending on the shape of your casserole dish).
- Place a layer of ravioli.
- With a slotted spoon if you have a lot of fat, evenly layer the cooked meat.
- Add 2 cups of mozzarella on top of meat, and then another layer of sauce: about 2 cups.
- Add another layer of sauce
- Repeat another ravioli layer with remaining pasta
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Put in oven for 30 minutes covered with foil. Pro tip: If you spray the tin foil inside with non-stick spray your cheese will not stick to it.
- Check the lasagna at the 30-minute mark and if is wet, bake uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- Let sit for about 10-15 minutes before serving.