This delicious crock pot green bean casserole is a great side for many different main courses. It’s also the perfect make-and-take dish for your next potluck or holiday dinner!
At the moment, I’m thinking ahead to my Easter dinner menu. This slow cooker green bean casserole and slow cooker apple crisp dessert have already made the short list. It’s a good thing I have 4 Crock Pots! This 7-quart oval Crock-Pot is my favorite.
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for helping support the free content we share!
When it comes to side dishes, I tend to go a more traditional route. I want a solid staple that I believe many guests at the dinner table will eat. Our favorite may be our Crock Pot Mac and Cheese, but this Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole comes in at a close second!
Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole
This recipe takes a common vegetable and mixes it up to add some new flavor. It’s a very popular casserole for Thanksgiving or Easter, but I believe it can be enjoyed at any time of the year. It is definitely a recipe that calls for little prep time, as the slow cooker does most of the work.
To make it easier on you, we have included a printable version of our green bean casserole in the crock pot at the end of the post. Be sure to grab it after you’ve read our tips for cooking the BEST casserole that everyone will want to gobble up!
Why is my Green Bean Casserole Soupy?
If you are using canned green beans and you don’t properly drain them, you may find your casserole to be a bit runny. Our trick is using frozen green beans. This makes our recipe more time efficient and you don’t have to worry about extra water ruining the dish!
Can you mix up this casserole the night before?
The best thing about making green bean casserole in a slow cooker is that you can prepare it before you need to cook it. Just put everything in the liner except for the french friend onions, since you don’t want them to be soggy. It can sit in the fridge overnight. When ready to cook, mix in the onions – except for the 1 cup you plan to use as a topping – and turn on your crock pot!
How to Make Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
- 3 (12 ounce) packages frozen cut green beans
- 2 (10 ¾ ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package french fried onions, divided
Prepare the slow cooker liner with nonstick cooking spray.
Place all ingredients into the slow cooker EXCEPT about 1 cup of the french fried onions. Mix together until well combined.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours. Top with remaining french fried onions prior to serving.
Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole
- 3 pkgs 3 packages frozen cut green beans (12 ounce packages)
- 2 cans cans condensed cream of mushroom soup (10 3/4 ounce cans)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 pkg french fried onions (6 ounce package, divided)
- Prepare the slow cooker liner with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients into the slow cooker EXCEPT about 1 cup of the french fried onions. Mix together until well combined.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Top with remaining french fried onions prior to serving.