Edible playdough is easy to make and kids will love it. Thanks to the bright colored frosting, you do not even need to add a lot of extra food coloring. Fun to play with, delicious to eat, this edible colorful playdough is a treat to make. You only need 2 ingredients to make it!
You might also like this edible pumpkin playdough!
I love activities like this that are fun to make and fun to play with afterwards. Some of my other favorites are this DIY Kite and Homemade Finger Paints.
While most playdough is taste safe, this playdough recipe is actually edible. Made with only 2 ingredients, this playdough is not only edible, kids think it tastes absolutely amazing. It is, however, packed full of sugar, so you might find the kids bouncing off the walls after eating it.
How to Store
You will want to make sure the dough is stored in an airtight container. I like to store it in sandwich bags that way it takes up a small amount of space and then it stays fresh.
How Long Does Edible Dough Last
While homemade playdough can stay fresh for months, since this is playdough is edible, the frosting doesn’t last more than a few days. Frosting can stay good for up to 2 week, but I want to make sure it is safe to eat after being out and played with. We keep the edible playdough for 3 or 4 days before tossing it.
- 1 cup colorful Funfetti frosting, for each batch
- 2 cups powdered sugar, for each batch
How to Make Edible Playdough
Mix the frosting and 1 cup of powdered sugar together, pressing with the back of a spoon, until it creates a sticky dough.
Continue adding powdered sugar a little at a time, kneading on a lightly sugar-dusted surface, until the desired consistency is reached.
Store dough in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Refrigerated dough will be stiff. Allow to come to room temperature before playing.
Here are more ideas for indoor fun:
- Kids Edition: 50 Fun Things for Kids to Ask Alexa
- All About Me Printable Activity Page for Kids
- How to Make a Unicorn Headband with Free Printable Pattern
- Free Indoor Scavenger Hunt Printable
- Summer Word Search Printable
- Engineering Stem Projects For Kids
- 1 cup colorful Funfetti frosting for each batch
- 2 cups powdered sugar for each batch
- Mix the frosting and 1 cup of powdered sugar together, pressing with the back of a spoon, until it creates a sticky dough.
- Continue adding powdered sugar a little at a time, kneading on a lightly sugar-dusted surface, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Store cloud dough in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Refrigerated dough will be stiff. Allow to come to room temperature before playing.
Please help support this blog.
If you enjoy the recipes, crafts and ideas for family fun that we share on About a Mom, I hope you’ll use our Amazon affiliate link when you shop. It is no additional cost to you and helps us to continue providing free content. Also, please take a few minutes to look around and check out our other content.
Please take a moment to follow @aboutamom on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter!
Subscribe to our daily email or weekly newsletter.
Leave a Reply