Football Sundays are a big deal in my house. Sunday means we’re going to have good food and good fun. We’re a family divided when it comes to which team to root for, but we’re all in agreement over what we want to eat. Famous Queso Dip made with RO*TEL and Velveeta is family tailgating favorite.
It’s been a while since my family has been to a game, but we’ve learned to improvise and do a bit of tailgating right in our living room. It works out pretty well… the seats are comfortable, we won’t get wet if it rains, and I get to cook in the comfort of my own kitchen. Our typical game day fare includes: burgers or hot dogs, a salad of some sort, and chips. I like to keep it pretty simple. Everyone enjoys a good dip and RO*TEL’s famous queso dip is always a sure bet.
RO*TEL Famous Queso Dip Ingredients:
1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
1 pkg (16 oz each) Velveeta® Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1. Combine undrained tomatoes and cheese in medium saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
3. Serve warm as a dip with tortilla chips, crackers or cut-up fresh vegetables.
This recipe couldn’t be any simpler and is oh so versatile. Last Sunday, I added to it about 3/4 pound of ground sausage that had been cooked and drained. It was delicious! I put it out on the table in my football shaped crock pot, and it was gone in no time at all. I like to serve it with a variety of dippers, from tortilla chips to broccoli florets.
Do you have any tailgating favorites?
The creamy, cheesy taste of Velveeta pairs with fresh and spicy RO*TEL for a delicious Queso Dip perfect for any occasion!
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by RO*TEL and Velveeta via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of RO*TEL and Velveeta.
Famous Queso Dip
- 1 can 10 oz each Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 pkg 16 oz each Velveeta® Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1. Combine undrained tomatoes and cheese in medium saucepan.
- 2. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
- 3. Serve warm as a dip with tortilla chips, crackers or cut-up fresh vegetables.
Christina Kelbel says
I have tried this recipe before and it is good as long as it stays hot. As it cools it gets clumpy and yucky!
Krystle(Baking Beauty) says
This looks delicious! This weekend is my team (Cowboys) vs the hometown team (steelers) maybe I’ll make this to help with my nerves lol!
cathy henatyszen says
Looks like a great recipie, never tried this before. I’ve been using packaged stuff.
Someone introduced us to this recipe a few years ago, but we add a pound of ground beef as well. Oh… now I’m craving! Back to the store I go today! 🙂
Jo-Ann Brightman says
Velveeta has always been a great melting cheese and you ae right about the fact that it would cut the spicy taste of Rotel