I have something spooktacular to share with you today! It’s an adorable and super easy to make Halloween Candy Cake. It’s made with supplies found at most grocery and discount stores. I picked my supplies up at Dollar General. This candy cake is a fun diy Halloween gift that you can make on the cheap.
Update: This was first published in October 2014, and has been recently updated with additional images. Can you believe Halloween is coming up next month?!
Here’s how to make a Halloween Candy Cake:
First gather your supplies.
1 round Halloween Tin with lid
1 round aluminum cake pan (they come in packs of 3)
black Duck Tape
2 rolls of Halloween Ribbon
(1) 9 -foot Die Cut Halloween Garland
3 bags of assorted Halloween candy (fun size candy bars are perfect)
1 bag lollipops or suckers
hot glue gun
Related Article: Tricks for Enjoying Halloween Candy in Moderation
1. Cover aluminum cake pan with Duck Tape. This step is optional, but I think the black looks better than the foil peeking through.
2. Turn aluminum cake pan upside down, and glue the bottom of the Halloween tin to the top of the cake pan.
3. Glue the garland around the bottom of the aluminum cake pan.
4. Starting with the Halloween tin, glue pieces of wrapped candy to the side of the tin, working your way around until completely covered. Fun size candy bars, placed vertically work perfectly.
5. Repeat step for on aluminum cake pan.
6. To cover the top of the cake, glue wrapped candies horizontally onto the top of the tin. I used candy bars of the same size and shape, and stacked them like dominoes around the outer top of the tin. See picture below. In the very center, place several lollipops.
Related Article: Ghostly DIY Halloween Treat Bags
7. Tie ribbon around each layer of the cake, and make a bow. That’s it. Easy peasy!
Trick or treat. Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat. Just kidding!
I meant to say… Happy Halloween!
So what do you think? Are you ready to make your own Halloween Candy Cake?
If you liked this post, please follow us on Facebook for more goodness.