Have you ever found yourself in a mealtime rut? Are the kids complaining about having spaghetti night, yet again? I’ve been there more than a few times myself. I used to have a hard time finding new family-friendly recipes that are simple-to-prepare, and also easy on the budget.
Sponsored post by Mirum. All opinions are my own.
Thanks to the Publix Best Meals website, I now have plenty of family mealtime inspiration. The Zucchini Noodle Salad with Tomatoes recipe I’m sharing with you today, is a keeper. It’s one of those side dishes that pairs great with anything. I like to toss this salad together, pop it in the fridge, then put chicken or steak on the grill. Perfect for the weekend or a busy weeknight!
For this recipe, you can save yourself some of the slicing and dicing by picking up the ready-to-go zucchini spirals from the Publix produce department, and a couple of cans of Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes.
This is such a simple-to-prepare, flavorful, and better for you recipe. I know you’re going to love it.
Zucchini Noodle Salad with Tomatoes Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
8 zucchini, spiralized
1/2 each red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
2 cans (14.5 oz. each) Hunt’s ® Diced Tomatoes, drained or 1 can of (28 oz.)
Hunt’s ® Diced Tomatoes, drained
2 cups fresh bocconcini mozzarella cheese, drained
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Add the vinegar, sugar and olive oil to a small bowl and whisk until combined to make a vinaigrette. Set aside.
2. Next, add the spiralized zucchini, red onions, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, oregano, salt and pepper to a bowl and toss it in the red wine vinaigrette until combined. Chill before serving.
Nutrition Information: Calories – 133; Sugars – 4g; Total Fat – 9g; Cholesterol – 14mg; Sodium – 493mg; Carbohydrate – 7g; Dietary Fiber – 2g; Protein – 8g; Vitamin C – 36%; Calcium – 12%; Iron – 3%; Vitamin A – 31%
Stock Up and Save at Publix
Right now, Publix has some great savings on brands you know and love:
$2.00 off any ONE (1) Hellmann’s Mayonnaise Product (24-30oz.) – Valid 4/18 – 5/9
$1.00 off any TWO Knorr Sides Products – Valid 4/18 5/9
BOGO Talenti Gelato Sorbetto and Breyers Delights -Valid 4/18 -4/25
BOGO Pace Organic Salsa (16 oz) – Valid 4/18 -4/25
BOGO Hunt’s Canned Tomatoes (28-29 oz) – Valid 4/18 -4/25
BOGO Betty Crocker Potatoes (4.5 – 5.1 oz. box) -Valid 4/18 -4/25
Want more mealtime inspiration? Visit the Publix Best Meal at Home homepage and signup for the newsletter!
Zucchini Noodle Salad with Tomatoes
Yield 12 servings
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 zucchini, spiralized
- 1/2 each red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained or 1 can of (28 oz.) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups fresh bocconcini mozzarella cheese, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- to make a vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Next, add the spiralized zucchini, red onions, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, oregano, salt and pepper to a bowl and toss it in the red wine vinaigrette until combined. Chill before serving.
Serving Size 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 14 mg
Sodium 493 mg
Total Carbohydrates 7 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
What are some of your best meals?