Pumpkin pie is one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving, so we had to make a Pumpkin Pie Craft.
My mom might say that whipped topping is my favorite. Growing up I would add a little bit of pumpkin pie to whipped topping. Whether you prefer the whipped topping or the pie, pie is a big part of many Thanksgiving dinners and had to make it on our list of Thanksgiving crafts.
We had a lot of fun making popsicle stick turkeys, so we decided to transform popsicle sticks into a pumpkin pie craft.
This craft requires just a few supplies and a little big of prep ahead of time.
- Popsicle sticks (3 per pumpkin pie craft)
- Orange paper (cardstock, felt, or construction paper)
- Cotton ball (1 per craft)
- Orange and brown paint
- White school glue
- Glue gun
1. To prep this craft, use a glue gun and glue three popsicle sticks together to form a triangle (or slice of pie). We have a low temp glue gun and allow our kids to use it for projects like this.
2. Paint two popsicle sticks orange and one brown (for the crust) and allow to dry.
3. Cut a piece of orange paper to fit the slice of pie and glue to the back of the popsicle sticks.
4. Glue a cotton ball to the top of the pie for whipped topped.
Extend the Activity
- Read “There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie” with while doing your pie craft.
- Invite kids to help you make the pie for Thanksgiving. Kids love to help measure (work on math skills) and pour the ingredients.
Do you have pie with your Thanksgiving dinner? What’s your favorite kind of pie?
Written by About a Mom contributor, Kim. Kim, the mama behind The Resourceful Mama, is a medical social worker turned stay at home mom to three. She enjoys sharing simple crafts and activities, parenting and homemaking tips, and a lot of holiday fun.