Can you believe that Halloween is less than 2 weeks away? With Halloween costumes and decorations still to make, I’m looking for some simple Halloween snacks that can be whipped up in a jiffy. Jamie from Searching4Savings.com has a really fun guest recipe post for us today. Her Spider Chip Cookies for Halloween start off with a delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe and get finished off with a spooky spider surprise.
First you make the chocolate chip cookies (recipe below). Next, you use black gel frosting to add some super spooky spiders.
Here’s a spider in the making…
Spooky Spider Chip Cookies for Halloween
Spider Chip Cookies for Halloween
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups 12-oz. pkg. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Black Gel Frosting
- Red Gel Frosting Optional
- Cookie Instructions:
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer) add eggs one at time to butter mixture, beating well after each addition. Continue to beat mixture until creamy.
- Slowly add in your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, mixing well and scraping the sides of the bowl down. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours, or until chilled through.
- Drop 1 inch sized balls of dough onto a well greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 9-10 minutes.
- Spider Instructions:
- Allow cookies to cool on a baking rack. Once cookies have cooled completely, add a small dot of black gel frosting.
- Using a toothpick, pull the frosting out at 4 corners to create the main 4 legs of your spider.
- Continuing pulling out 2 additional legs on each side, in between the larger lines.
- Drop a small dot of red gel frosting onto the bottom of the spider to give it a Black Widow look.
Cynthia R says
that’s such a great idea and so simple, some of the halloween treat ideas I’ve seen lately cool effect but way too complicated to attempt, thanks for sharing
Looks fun and yummy!
Dee @ Cocktails with Mom says
I bet these are as good as they are cute. I want some now!!
Those are awesome! What a great idea, and so easy to do too!
Oh what a fun idea for the holiday. I would love to make these and not tell the kids and see what they say at first LOL.
i love this idea!! so cute!
those are so adorable – my daughter would freak out with them though! I relocated a spider from our living room to outside today and she freaked out!
That is definitely different!
RANDY FULGHAM says
THIS IS A GREAT RECIPE I MUST TRY –I LOVE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES THE BEST!!!!!
Crystal @ Simply Being Mommy.com says
Super creepy! Love the spider.