I am particularly fond of cheese, and since I’m a bit of a saltaholic as well, Feta is one of my favorites. Typically, it’s just my mom, Laura, and I home for lunch and this simple Feta Basil Sandwich Recipe for two is perfect for us. It’s a nice lunch to prepare if you have a girlfriend over for am afternoon visit. Just be sure to have a pitcher of iced tea ready to quench the salty goodness of the Feta and olives in the sandwich.
This sandwich is so fresh and colorful. It transports me to the Mediterranean, and is a real pick-me-up on a cold winter day like today.
You could probably stretch this recipe and get 3-4 sandwiches out of it, but I like it so much that I tend to get a bit greedy with it.
Feta Basil Sandwich Recipe
- 1 cup 4 ounces crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 black olives chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices firm white bread lightly toasted
- 4 1/4 inch thick slices tomato
- Combine the first 5 ingredients, tossing with a fork until well combined.
- Spread about 1/2 of the mixture onto each of 2 bread slices. Top with tomato slices and bread.
- Tex-Mex Chicken Melts Recipe (aboutamom.com)
- Mashed (Rooster) Potatoes with Tomato Gravy (aboutamom.com)
- Sweetheart Brownies Recipe (aboutamom.com)
- Recipe: Cheese and Sundried Tomato Pesto Crostini Appetizers (miscfinds4u.com)
- 30 Days, 30 Ways, 30 Rewards – Hungry Girl’s Greek Chicken Tacos Recipe + Tyson Giveaway (aboutamom.com)