This oh-so easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is a delicious alternative to a store bought ice cream cake. It is perfect for birthdays and other celebrations or make this dessert for a summertime get-together.
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
People love to have ice cream cakes but they can be expensive or time consuming to make. You can make this ice cream sandwich cake inexpensively and it comes together quickly. It has an amazing taste and it is so simple to make. The kids can help with this one! Skip the expensive ice cream cakes and make this ice cream cake at home. Since it doesn’t take long to make, you can make it the same day you want to serve it.
Is this Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Real Simple
This cake is so simple. Using the ice cream sandwiches and a cookies and cream mixture made with Cool Whip and OREO cookies. With only a few steps to this recipe, it can not be easier to make this dessert.
Related Article: How to Build the Ultimate Sundae Bar
How to Store an Ice Cream Cake
You will want to keep it in the freezer. For store bought ice cream cakes, you will want to take it out of the freezer about 20 minutes before you are going to serve it. For this ice cream sandwich cake, you do not need to bring it out early. It will thaw easy enough to cut and eat right from the freezer.
- 1 box (12 sandwiches) regular size ice cream sandwiches
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Oreo cookies
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
How to Make Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Fold together chopped cookies with 2 cups whipped topping. Set aside.
Unwrap ice cream sandwiches. Create a layer of 6 ice cream sandwiches.
Top with an even layer of the cookies and cream mixture.
Add the final layer of ice cream sandwiches.
Frost the entire cake with remaining whipped topping.
Decorate the cake with sprinkles.
Freeze until ready to serve.
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 1 box 12 sandwiches regular size ice cream sandwiches
- 1 cup Oreo cookies coarsely chopped
- 16 ounce frozen whipped topping thawed and divided
- Fold together chopped cookies with 2 cups whipped topping. Set aside.
- Unwrap ice cream sandwiches. Create a layer of 6 ice cream sandwiches.
- Top with an even layer of the cookies and cream mixture.
- Add the final layer of ice cream sandwiches.
- Frost the entire cake with remaining whipped topping.
- Decorate the cake with sprinkles.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
You might also enjoy these treats:
Grilled Peach Ice Cream Recipe
Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream Recipe
Please help support this blog.
If you enjoy the recipes, crafts and ideas for family fun that we share on About a Mom, I hope you’ll use our Amazon affiliate link when you shop. It is no additional cost to you and helps us to continue providing free content. Also, please take a few minutes to look around and check out our other content.
Please take a moment to follow @aboutamom on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter!
Subscribe to our daily email or weekly newsletter.
Leave a Reply