Sauteed chicken in a buttery lemon sauce with caper and sliced lemon. This flavorful skillet lemon chicken recipe comes together quickly and is perfect for a busy weeknight. Read on to get the recipe, along with my new favorite kitchen shortcut — Pop & Cook.
I try to prepare home cooked meals as much as possible. Some evenings my time is very limited, so I’m always on the lookout for things that will help me get dinner onto the table faster. I know most of you reading this can totally relate.
In the freezer section of my local Walmart, I recently discovered the ultimate kitchen hack in Pop & Cook.
This mama loves a kitchen shortcut!
What is Pop & Cook?
Pop & Cook takes just harvested herbs and within 90 minutes of harvest, flash freezes them in convenient trays. There are currently 5 products available: Crushed Garlic, Chopped Cilantro, Crushed Ginger, Chopped Basil, and Sauteed, Glazed Onions. For this skillet lemon chicken recipe I used the Crushed Garlic and Sauteed, Glazed Onions.
Using Pop & Cook means no more crying cutting onions, and no more smelling garlic on your fingers for days. It also means no more waste, because Pop & Cook’s herbs have a 2 year shelf life in your freezer. Most importantly for me, it also saves time, because you no longer have to do all the prep work before cooking.
Skillet Lemon Chicken Recipe
My family loves this lemony chicken dish. I’ve been making this forever, but now it takes even less time to prepare thanks to Pop & Cook. The recipe calls for white wine, but if you prefer you can substitute chicken broth for the wine. It will be equally delicious.
Skillet Lemon Chicken
Yield 4 servings
Sauteed chicken in a buttery lemon sauce with caper and sliced lemon. This flavorful skillet lemon chicken recipe comes together quickly and is perfect for a busy weeknight.
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved (or 4 small chicken breasts)
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Pop & Cook Crushed Garlic Cubes or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Pop & Cook Sauteed Glazed Onions Cubes or 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Using a sharp knife, split 2 large chicken breasts into halves. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook chicken 3-4 minutes per side until golden and no longer pink. Transfer chicken breasts to a plate.
- To skillet, add butter, white wine, lemon juice, garlic, onion and capers and bring to a simmer. Add lemon slices and return chicken breasts to skillet. Let chicken simmer in sauce for 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.