Sauteed chicken in a buttery lemon sauce with caper and sliced lemon. This flavorful skillet lemon chicken recipe comes together quickly and is perfect for a busy weeknight.
I try to prepare home cooked meals as much as possible. Some evenings my time is very limited, so I have a few recipes like this skillet lemon chicken that I know I can whip together quick without sacrificing flavor.
Skillet Lemon Chicken Recipe
My family loves this lemony chicken dish. I’ve been making this forever. The recipe calls for white wine, but if you prefer you can substitute chicken broth for the wine. It will be equally delicious.
Skillet Lemon Chicken
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved (or 4 small chicken breasts)
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley optional
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Using a sharp knife, split 2 large chicken breasts into halves. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook chicken 3-4 minutes per side until golden and no longer pink. Transfer chicken breasts to a plate.
- To skillet, add butter, white wine, lemon juice, garlic, onion and capers and bring to a simmer. Add lemon slices and return chicken breasts to skillet. Let chicken simmer in sauce for 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.