Do you ever wonder what things to ask Alexa? Do you have and Amazon Echo or Echo Dot in your home? Amazon Alexa can be very entertaining and educational for children. Check out our Kids Edition of 50 fun things to ask Alexa.
Related Article: How to Relieve Stress and Anxiety Using Amazon Alexa Skills
Last holiday season, I purchased an Amazon Echo and an Echo Dot for my home. I didn’t know at the time just how much we would use Amazon Alexa. Each morning, I ask Alexa for the day’s weather and news headlines while I have my coffee. During the day while I work, I listen to my Spotify playlists. When I’m leaving the house, I ask Alexa to play smooth jazz for the dog. I could go on and on, and I’m not even utilizing the many smart home features of the device. You might just be surprised by how many Alexa skills there are. I’m sure there are many for me to yet discover.
It is my 9-year old who gets the most use out of Alexa. She likes to ask Alexa for jokes and fun factoids. There are also many interactive games and stories available. Alexa is super entertaining for kids!
Related Article: Best First Cell Phone for Kids + Promo Code
Not sure what questions to ask Alexa? I’ve put together a list of 50 fun things kids can ask Alexa.
First, check out these LOL spring and summertime jokes for kids:
50 Fun Things for Kids to Ask Alexa
1. “Alexa, open Amazon Storytime.” (Professionally-narrated stories for kids ages 5 to 12.)
2. “Alexa, start Kids Court.” (Perfect for when you have a family argument, and need to settle something.)
3. “Alexa, start Zoo Walk.” (Alexa will make cool animal noises, and invite you to try and guess the animal that makes each sound.)
4. “Alexa, open Curiosity.” (A fun way to learn about various topics.)
5. “Alexa, what is your favorite color?”
6. “Alexa, E.T. phone home.”
7. “Alexa, open The Magic Door.” (Interactive Story. This will take about 10 minutes and is one of my family’s favorites.)
8. “Alexa, open Bedtime Story.” (A quick story that is geared toward bedtime.)
9. “Alexa, how far away is the Moon?”
10. “Alexa, how big is the Earth?”
11. “Alexa, what is the order of the planets?”
12. “Alexa, how deep is the ocean?”
13. “Alexa, play Twenty Questions.” (A fun interactive game.)
14. “Alexa, hum something.”
15. “Alexa, let’s brush our teeth.”
Related Content: Why the Acer 15 Chromebook is Ideal for Family Sharing
16. “Alexa, how old was Yoda?”
17. “Alexa, beam me up.” (From Star Trek.)
18. “Alexa, launch Guess the Number.” (Interactive guess the number game.)
19. “Alexa, ask Silly Things to tell me to do something silly.”
20. “Alexa, open the box of cats.”
21. “Alexa, what did T-Rex eat?”
22. “Alexa, tell me an animal tale.”
23. “Alexa, play Would You Rather.” (The game of impossible choices in a family-friendly version.)
24. “Alexa, start the spelling game.” (Kids can brush up on spelling with this fun game.)
25. “Alexa, who are the members of the Avengers?”
26. “Alexa, it’s a bird! It’s a plane!” (From Superman.)
27. “Alexa, mirror mirror on the wall.” (From Snow White.)
28. “Alexa, do you want to build a snowman?” (Frozen fans will love this.)
Funny Things for Kids to Ask Alexa
29. “Alexa, tell me a wizard joke.”
30. “Alexa, moo like a cow.”
31. “Alexa, can you talk like Yoda?”
32. “Alexa, may the force be with you.” (From Star Wars.)
33. “Alexa, tell me a riddle.”
34. “Alexa, tell me a knock-knock joke.”
35. “Alexa, talk to Pikachu.”
36. “Alexa, do you rap?”
37. “Alexa, tell me a video game joke.”
38. “Alexa, tell me a superhero joke.”
39. “Alexa, self-destruct.”
40. “Alexa, which came first: the chicken or the egg?”
41.”Alexa, why did the chicken cross the road?”
Related Content: Online Learning Websites and Tools for Kids
42. “Alexa, pretend to be a supervillain.”
43. “Alexa, tell me a robot joke.”
44. “Alexa, guess what!”
45. “Alexa, peek-a-boo!”
46. “Alexa, tell me a pirate joke.” (You’ll be surprised by how many pirate jokes Alexa knows.)
47. “Alexa, open Laugh Box.” (Alexa’s Laugh Box will play all sorts of giggles.)
48. “Alexa, what does the fox say?” (From the song What Does the Fox Say.)
49. “Alexa, see ya later alligator.”
50. “Alexa, Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.”
You might also enjoy:
Free Indoor Scavenger Hunt Printable – School Closure Boredom Buster
Online Learning Websites and Educational Tools for Kids
10 Fun Paper Plate Crafts for Kids
This post contains affiliate links which help support this blog. Thank you!
If you like this post, please Pin It and share it with friends!
Janet W. says
These are great questions for kids to ask. I find my grandsons asking some of the same questions to Siri on my phone!
Dana Rodriguez says
This is such a fun list of ideas! Thanks! I pinned it!
shelly peterson says
What a fun list of questions! My son would like these.
Joni Mason says
My 71/2 year old grandson would have a blast asking Alexa questions or playing the games! His birthday is is just 4 months away & I think this would be a perfect gift for him. Mom & Dad would like it as well!
Peggy Nunn says
I bet you will get cute answers.
Tamra Phelps says
Lol, I can see kids having a lot of fun with Alexa. And now I need to know how old Yoda was!
monique s says
This is really cool. I imagine the kids would love to hear it and learn too.