If you’ve learned anything at all about me in the last 4 years since I started this blog, you’ve learned that I like to keep things simple. And not because I am lazy, but like most of you I am just very busy and need to save time however I can. I enjoy simple recipes with few ingredients that are easy to prepare, without sacrificing the flavor of the dish. Cooking in the slow cooker is one way that I like to keep things simple in my life. It’s so nice to toss the ingredients into the pot, and come back later that day to a delicious meal. This Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos recipe is one of my all time favorites, with just a few ingredients this dish is also easy on the budget.
This recipe yields enough chicken to feed a hungry crowd. I like to top the shredded chicken with some fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Sticking with a few fresh ingredients keeps this recipe very healthy.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 4 to 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 envelope taco seasoning
- flour tortillas
- fresh cilantro optional
- 1 to mato diced (optional)
- juice of one lime optional
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
- Add 2 cups of frozen corn kernels.
- Pour 2 cups chicken broth into slow cooker.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from slow cooker and shred using two forks. Place shredded chicken back into juice.
- Place a couple tablespoons of shredded chicken into a flour tortilla. Top with diced tomato, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
valmg @ From Val's Kitchen says
What a great idea to do the chicken for tacos in the slow cooker! Looks yummy!
That looks delicious! I make chicken tacos in my crockpot often but haven’t thought of adding corn or anything else. I definitely will be next time!
Anne - Mommy Has to Work says
I just printed this! Yumm!
Crystal (Texas Mom Blogger) says
Yum, that looks delicious. I just used my slow cooker on Monday for chicken. First time ever. I’m think I’m hooked now.
That looks AMAZING!
Amber K says
I have everything on the ingredients list…it’s not too late to start cooking now, right?!
It does sound easy – and healthy! Can’t beat that combination. Thanks for sharing.
Theresa @ Faith and Family Reviews says
Oh yummy! We should honestly make these soon!
Maria G. says
I should say that tacos look very appetizing! This advice is very useful because the problem of lack of time is very significant in my family too. And it will become a new recipe for my slow cooker because I`ve never thought that tacos can be cooked there!
Rebecca Parsons says
I have never had chicken tacos but would love to try them. Chicken is a staple in my house so this is a recipe that I can most definitely use.