It is said that there are close to 7,000 spoken languages in the world today. That’s a lot of different ways to say ‘I love you’! I thought it might be fun to take a look at a few and try to learn them before Valentine’s Day.
- English – I love you
- Spanish – Te quiero
- Czech – Miluji te
- Portuguese – Eu te amo
- Taiwanese – Gwa ai lee
- Mandarin – Wǒ ài nǐ (我爱你)
- Japanese – Aishitemasu (愛してます)
- Italian – Ti amo
- Hungarian – Szeretlek te’ged
- German – Ich liebe dich
- French – Je t’aime
- Greek – S’agapó (Σ’αγαπώ)
- Arabic – ‘uhibuk (أحبك)
- Hebrew – Ani ohev otkha (אני אוהב אותך)
- Danish – Jeg elsker dig S
- Swedish – Jag älskar dig
- Norwegian – Jeg elsker deg
- Icelandic – ég elska þig
- Persian – Dooset Daram (دوست دارم)
- Indian – Mi tujhyavar prem karato (मी तुझ्यावर प्रेम करतो)
- Latvian – Es mīlu tevi
- Catalan – T’estimo
- Korean – Salanghaeyo (사랑해요)
- Turkish – Seni seviyorum
- Thai – C̄hạn rạk khuṇ (ฉันรักคุณ)
Do you know how to say ‘I love you’ in any other languages?
- Delicious Iced Coffee Without The Guilt! #LightIcedCoffee (aboutamom.com)
- Top 10 Recipes of 2012 on About A Mom (aboutamom.com)
- Weekend Pick – Bette Midler’s BEACHES Movie New on Blu-Ray (miscfinds4u.com)
Fun post! This reminds me of my son’s preschool class as they say good morning in a different language each time they meet.
Julie Wood says
I really enjoyed reading this post! how to say I love you in different languages! I tried one on my husband and he liked it!