Summer break is here at last. It won’t be long before you start hearing those dreaded words ‘Mom, I’m bored’. Fortunately, there are a lot of fun things do over summer break that won’t break the bank.
Here are our top 25 fun things to do over summer break.
1. Play in the sprinklers.
2. Go to the beach or a local park.
3. For the older kids, do a fun craft like these safety pin bracelets.
4. Make a Summer scrap book or memory book.
5. Put on a play for the other neighborhood kids.
6. Spread smiles by visiting a nursing home.
7. Take the dog for a walk.
8. Make popsicles.
9. Go camping in your backyard.
10. Lay a outside on a blanket and stargaze.
11. Pull out some board games you haven’t played in a while.
12. Take nature pictures.
13. Attend free concerts, festivals, and movies in your home town.
14. Have a picnic.
15. Play with bubbles.
16. Set up a lemonade stand.
17. Fly a kite.
18. Participate in a Summer reading program at the library.
19. Create a short movie or documentary.
20. Give your time to service projects such as community clean up projects.
21. Go on a treasure hunt. You’ll need hidden treasures and a treasure map.
22. Catch bugs.
23. Learn some funny new jokes.
24. Have a tea party.
25. Learn some magic tricks and put on a magic show.
What activities will you be doing with the kids over Summer break?